Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB for Clutch pedal Squeak/Creak 2005-14

Old 09-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
Rambone71 is just really niceRambone71 is just really niceRambone71 is just really niceRambone71 is just really nice

Name: TJ
Rambone71's Tacoma Gallery
TSB for Clutch pedal Squeak/Creak 2005-14

FYI - here is a new TSB for a complaint, Clutch pedal Squeak/Creak they just revised it on Sept 10th 2014... added model years 2012-14 and also updated to included 2007-2012 the old TSB was TC004-06
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toyota TSB Clutch.pdf (188.2 KB, 310 views)
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
mailman2000 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
mailman2000's Tacoma Gallery
I just had my clutch pedal and master cylinder replaced, old clutch pedal started squeeking but it had no play in it and was really tight. I could slam those gears like a race car, it was awesome. now new setup is soft and spongy, I am waiting for clutch to return to shift, I cannot hit those gears like I used to. Toyota said old style setup was no good this is a good fix, but I miss my heavy duty like pedal with my 6 speed manual
Old 10-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
roadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
I assume TSB repairs are done under warranty for free.It is interesting they included 2007 to 09.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
Timberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
Timberland Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2000 View Post
I just had my clutch pedal and master cylinder replaced, old clutch pedal started squeeking but it had no play in it and was really tight. I could slam those gears like a race car, it was awesome. now new setup is soft and spongy, I am waiting for clutch to return to shift, I cannot hit those gears like I used to. Toyota said old style setup was no good this is a good fix, but I miss my heavy duty like pedal with my 6 speed manual
I also did notice that the pedal is softer now, but not any less strong. Im still chirpin 33"s grabbin 2nd when im in that kinda mood Kinda just gotta do the stomp and lift hard like its a fuggin chevelle lol
Old 10-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
PburghTaco32 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brennan
PburghTaco32's Tacoma Gallery
Well, add another TSB that I'm going to take to the dealer.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #7
robotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant futurerobotninjasrule has a brilliant future

Canadian Army: recce sqn LdSH(RC) 62B crew commander
Name: peter
robotninjasrule's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5vic View Post
I hope they issued this for the Canadian market as well. Mines passing me off and the side to side play is getting worse.

I had mine done under warranty last year. It was way worse in the winter. 6 months of the year in Alberta lol
Old 11-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
DolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to beholdDolphinJohn is a splendid one to behold

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2000 View Post

Hmmm… I just found out about this. My pedal doesn't squeak and there's no play in it. Should I just leave it alone? It works fine as is.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:12 AM   #9
rcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcsb jon's Tacoma Gallery
2014, 7 months old, 6.5K miles... going to have to take it in... really agitating. Every depress and return it groans and creaks

http://www.toyotapart.com/TSB-0186-1...ueak-Noise.pdf
Old 01-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #10
rcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcsb jon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Went to dealer today. They instantly ordered the parts per the TSB. Will call to schedule appt. when parts are in.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #11
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, if you give the white plastic bit that is behind the clutch (in front of with regards to the front of the truck) a twist or partial rotation, your creak may dissappear. Try it, solved mine.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #12
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
I'll grab photos or a video tomorrow if you need it. I can't remember which of the dozens of threads covering this topic contained that little morsel. Been 4 months of cold winter and the creak is gone.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:54 AM   #13

I've been doing that trick, multiple times a day, everyday since Sept... It's a god damn joke.

The problem is, for me at least. My truck sits in a cool garage when it's hot out. Then it's in a warm garage when it's cold out. The clutch master cylinder casing is made of plastic... it doesn't like those thermal changes when I go in and out of the garage.

The last few days it will do it on every up and down of the pedal's stoke... its loud as hell. People can hear it over the bluetooth
Old 01-30-2015, 06:10 AM   #14
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithcorona View Post
Honestly, if you give the white plastic bit that is behind the clutch (in front of with regards to the front of the truck) a twist or partial rotation, your creak may dissappear. Try it, solved mine.
This. Solved my problem years and years ago and hasn't been an issue since.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
This. Solved my problem years and years ago and hasn't been an issue since.
Doesn't do it for me
Old 01-30-2015, 06:57 AM   #16
Timberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimberland Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
Timberland Taco's Tacoma Gallery
yea that fix only works on certain trucks for whatever reason. my 2010 it worked and i never touched it again, my 2013 it would last anywhere from 10 mins to half a day. I got the tsb in september and ive had not a squeak since
Old 01-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberland Taco View Post
yea that fix only works on certain trucks for whatever reason. my 2010 it worked and i never touched it again, my 2013 it would last anywhere from 10 mins to half a day. I got the tsb in september and ive had not a squeak since
I'm hoping it does the trick as well as they adjust the CMC rod properly.