Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about Long Travel coilovers Lift

Old 09-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
AZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cody
AZTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Question about Long Travel coilovers Lift

So I am trying to plan ahead of time, I am eventually wanting to go long travel front. And im currently stock, so ive got a long way but do not want to make two purchases on this. I was contemplating 855 OME coils and 5100 shocks with spacers up front and All Pro leafs and 5100s in the rear for a 3" lift to clear 33s without rubbing at full flex. Now I am also wanting to not only crawl over rocks ( im 4x4 btw) id like to be able to smash through the desert pretty decent. EVENTUALLY ill want to LT my front and coilovers in the rear. My question is, can I buy ICON coilovers or Kingz and fit it on my stock UCAs or maybe just aftermarket UCAs and stock LCA for a 3" lift and be able to later on just buy a LT kit and not have to spend 1400$ on coilovers again? Im not wanting to buy coilovers twice and also not spend a lot of money on coils to just buy coilovers in a year or so. Thanks
Old 09-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
I would just leave the truck as is until you have enough money for LT.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
Str8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 75th Ranger Reg.
Name: Ryan
Str8Flexin's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ What he said. I would wait to get it all at once. Some companies (Like All-Pro) offer a Coil Over adpater with long travel so you can run your Fox, Icon, or King Coilovers with our long travel without buying new shocks. Most the time people buy the adapter just so they can hold off on buying shocks but it isn't the most durable thing to do, especially if you are actually wheeling the truck
Old 09-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
AZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of lightAZTacoGuy is a glorious beacon of light
I thought about that option aswell. But I need some sort of lift, atleast like a 2" one that's decent and flexs well and will clear some atleast 32" tires. Stock height isnt working very well and I wont be able to pay for a FULL long travel setup (I like to do things right the first time) for atleast a year so I need something to work well for me for atleast one year
Old 09-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
Link to this coilover adapter?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #6
Str8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shedStr8Flexin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 75th Ranger Reg.
Name: Ryan
Str8Flexin's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.allprooffroad.com/fjfron...n/fjlongtravel

Down towards the bottom of the page.