1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

One thing on 2016 TACOMA

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sgt Jmack, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Oct 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    lat41lon71

lat41lon71 Member

Member:
    Wet Okole seat covers
    Backlit 2/4 wheel drive switch like others on dash so you can see what you're doing at night!

2. Oct 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    Do you need to see what you're doing in the bedroom?
    Once you learn where the important stuff is located, it all just comes natural!

3. Oct 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    What's the big deal with power rear window? Just because we want more than a work truck doesn't mean we're asking for nuclear powered engines or a sissy truck. I don't see the big deal.

4. Oct 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    Its dangerous and illegal, the car behind me probably gets a scare when they see my head pop up and the window close.

5. Oct 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    SabMotocross

SabMotocross Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Santa Fe, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 DCSB V6 TRD S/C
    TRD BAJA Suspension...Rims and tires, blackout badging, TRD oil filler cap, front skid plate, N-Fab step bars, GrillCraft custom upper and lower grills. K&N air filter, TRD Supercharger.
    Realistically, I would like to see the following available as options:

1) V8 or factory-installed supercharger for the 4.0 V6
    2) Disc brakes all around
    3) Factory rear anti-sway bar that could be easily removed for more intense off-road capabilities.
    4) Hydraulic hood struts
    5) Hydraulic tailgate strut
    6) An even better sound system than the JBL option

6. Oct 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    tacofan13

tacofan13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand DCSB 4X4
    I know its been posted but heated mirrors.

7. Oct 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    A 4 cylinder diesel would be nice.

8. Oct 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    No changes whatsoever. Anything new will make my old 2015 Taco look even older.

I take delivery on November 8Th! :yes:

UPDATE!!! Just got home with my new Sport, MY Halloweenie Red Devil!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  9. Oct 31, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    Kraymerica

Kraymerica Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM DCSB
    Not sure if it was mentioned, but having just switched over from a GMC Sierra yesterday, these are some things I miss:

Quick blinker option (slight press and it blinks 3 times, for switching lanes, etc)
    Power seats
    Memory seats
    Power fold in mirrors (although this truck isn't as wide so maybe not a big deal)
    Bed light
    Locking tailgate
    Leather wrapped steering wheel

Still glad I made the switch, but missing a few things I got used to in my Sierra.

10. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    Sgt Jmack

Sgt Jmack [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    14 Sport Dbl cab L/B
    3" Revtech, Undercover flex.

You can get a leather wrapped steering wheel from the factory. TRD pkgs.

11. Nov 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    jboudreaux1965

jboudreaux1965 Ragin Cajun Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Hub City
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Sport
    you ever drove a car with that technology? our infinite has that crap, i almost got nailed pulling out of a parking lot by a ford F350 because it came flying around a corner and i punched , being used to usually driving my tacoma and it simply said "ya ill speed up when i want to!" sluggish and dangerous! those "safety sensor" things are also horrible, every time you get next to an 18 wheeler on the interstate it wants to move you over. the same with the front/back sensors, you come up on a slow person in the left lane and flash for them to move, it slams the breaks before they get a chance to move! i had all that crap permanently killed by the dealership!

improvements...

like many others said, better suspension, NO SQUEAKS in suspension, fix the temp LED thing in the roof, projector self leveling lights like they have on other toyoyats would be nice, rear window that rolls down, over load airbags option, stiffer struts, fix the front wheel/steering wheel shutter, fix the axle wrap, make front and back level, fix the "tacoma engine tick", kill the damn door dinging sound when key is in the ignition, kill the seat belt dinging sound (i did both on my own), option to have a transfer case on a pre-runner that has a PTO out where the front driveshaft would be, would be nice, tie down cleets in the the floor of the bed, push button start with RFID FOB's like lexus, 2000 watt TRUE SINE A/C inverter so you can run power tools on it and heavy equipment on it, inverter plugs on the interior of cab (i had to run my own wire from bed to power strip under dash), ability to roll windows up/down from the key like other toyotas, 5000K HID in headlights and fog lights, make the fog light mod where you can use bright lights and fogs at same time a stock option, make it to where both regular head light filament and bright filament stay on together at same time so you dont have to do the mod for that, and the option for a separate high current power block to add high current equipment and amps would be nice as an option, remove the 117mph speed limiter, a usable warranty would be nice, i mean at 30,000 miles its just broke in, they give 70,000 on our lexus and have had zero issues asking for warranty work! with toyota its like pulling teeth from a polar bear to get warranty work done and you better be at the dealership you bought it from or your about screwed (good thing they are kick ass truck and dont have many probs, LOL! so dont need to use warranty much), accurate speedometer so we get full use of warranty, if you use gps accurate speedometer you will see yours is off about 3mph at 70mph speed saying your going faster than you are, so you lose alot of warranty miles there, sure i'll think of more mods i did that i wish were oem :)

still wouldnt trade it for any other truck out there, just constructive criticism :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  12. Nov 19, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    That would be cool, I'd like to see more compact trucks return! Would be awesome if Mazda came back to play. My friend had a 1987 Mazda B2600 4x4 when we got out of high school, think they rival Toyota's durability, we put that poor truck through HELL in the time that he owned it. Jumped it several times, rodded the piss out of it constantly, he accidentally drove it off a cliff (was stopped by a tree thankfully) among other things.

13. Nov 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    Step up the cruise control.

14. Nov 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    V6, V8, and diesel options
    A slate blue/grey blue color
    Hydraulic hood struts

15. Nov 20, 2014 at 5:44 AM
    Big Sur

Big Sur Member

Member:
    Smallish diesel.

16. Nov 20, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    toomanytoys84

toomanytoys84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stock
    More adjustment options for the seat.

17. Nov 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    kevin.95

kevin.95 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Kennesaw, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB Sport 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, Tint, Skids, Speakers, OEM Roof Rack, Westin Brush Guard, HID Offroad lights, Fog Light Anytime Mod, Stealth Customs Matte Gunmetal w/ Kenda MT's, Relentless Fab Bed Bars w/ yakima cargo rack
    i mean for gods sake the Nissan Frontier is coming out with a v6 cummins diesel and the tacoma had been virtually the same since 2005, minus a fancy radio and new headlight/bumper. i think its safe to say it time for toyota to move ahead. I'm not saying i want a fancy truck, because i love the simplicity of my truck, but it would be nice to see some changes done

18. Nov 20, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    Chopper678

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Boudreaux, I'm not intending this toward you, but as a general message to anyone else who replied to that message of mine.

I really think people are misunderstanding me when I said Toyota should perfect that system. I mean perfect in the sense of a verb, as in to make it better. I did not say, as some people seem to have thought, that Toyota should just take the system and use it.

OP corrected me in saying that VVT is a better system, which by context clues tells me that they are systems that are mutually exclusive and that I did not know.

No matter how faulty a system is, to perfect it is to make it...perfect. Something perfect is not faulty and would be useful. Whether Toyota wants to utilize it or not isn't the case, but please understand that I wasn't implying Toyota should use the same system you are seeing now.

19. Nov 20, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    vtdog

vtdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Add a glow plug light on the dash. Oh, guess they better offer a diesel to go with that glow plug

20. Nov 20, 2014 at 8:26 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    If they go with Cummins, there wont be a need. Cummins hasn't used glow plugs since 1989. They rely on intake manifold heaters which are much more reliable than glow plugs. All inline 6 cylinder diesels are this way though. Only reason V8 diesels like Powerstroke and Duramax still use glow plugs is because the layout of the V8.

I personally would love to see both a 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder diesel option in the Tacoma. If it never happens, someday I'll win the lottery and just send my Taco to dieseltoyz and have them convert it to diesel. 20 grand will do just that! :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top