1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Saw a new Colorado yesterday...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jimsc, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Oct 12, 2014 at 4:04 AM
    Jimsc

Jimsc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab
    Aries Nerf Bars, Cargo Seperator
    Was at the SC State Fair in Columbia, SC yesterday and they had a Colorado LT long bed. The truck looked ok, but I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. The rear of the truck is really high. Being 5'7 I can't reach over the side to the bottom of the bed like I can on my Tacoma.

I thought I might buy one but now will wait and see what the redesign on the Tacoma looks like.

2. Oct 12, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    We saw one of the new Colorado's yesterday also, it was a double cab. Nice looking truck, but we thought it was a Silverado at first, it does look redesigned and larger, plus a lot higher in the rear.

3. Oct 12, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    I was picking up parts for a remote starter install and was right across from the Chevy dealer, so figured I would take a quick cruise of the lot. I saw rows and rows of trucks, but they all looked like Silverados so I left. Maybe some were Colorados/Canyons, but I figured if they are that close to the full size then I'm already not impressed.

I'd still like to see one though, but no way I'd consider one with GM's reputation compared to Toyota's.

4. Oct 12, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    bucktales

bucktales *Retired* curmudgeon

Member:
    Ct.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport AC / 2014 FJC/ 1972 Rally Nova
    Saw one all optioned out at the Big-E fair in Mass. a few weeks back at the Chevy display.
    They had it sitting alongside a totally stripped Tacoma bed. They had skinny tires on the Taco bed and made it sit about 6 inches lower to the ground for a "side by side comparison". Totally lame, IMO.
    Sat inside the Colorado. Comfortable and all with all the bling, but not for me.

I then proceeded to the Chevy tent where I took a half-azz Silverado quiz to get a free t-shirt.
    When the Chevy guy gave me the shirt, I told him it would be a great polishing rag for my Toyotas, if it didn't get recalled first.

5. Oct 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    Pool Runner

Pool Runner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    '14,TRD/OR, Entune & Nav '13 Subaru Outback
    Lowes Slimline Tool box, OEM Bug shield.
    They should have made two sizes of this exact truck, one should have actually been the new Silverado. The Colorado parked next to the Silverado's makes the rado look like it's two-decades old already.

Products Discussed in

To Top