1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alternating front turn signals

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kn61408, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Oct 12, 2014 at 7:29 PM
    kn61408

kn61408 [OP] Retired old fart

Member:
    western washington
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DCLB sport pyrite mica
    12v always on power point mod, tailgate anti-theft, Addl bed tiedowns, flyzeye dash lights, map lites with dome lite mod, bed stiffeners, air bags, brake controller, always on fog lights,
    [​IMG]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by piercedtiger [​IMG]
    This mod is similar to Alternating Turn Signal/Side Markers (#27), but doesn't use relays!

From what I can tell the side markers blink with the turn signals when they are off, and opposite of the turn signals when the parking lights are turned on. I'm not sure yet as I haven't done it yet. Will post up after I try it.

Parts:
    • 2 pieces of wire
    • 2 butt connectors
    • 2 quick splices
    • shrink tube, electrical tape, etc
    Just cut the black/white wire on the side marker and splice it into the Red/black on left. For the right cut the black/white and splice to red/yellow.

Like this:
    th_SignalsNSideMarkersJungleman_1eef68f564f3917483852a3daf275a0fa7f32edc.jpg

Original thread here:
    Another way to get side-markers to blink? - Toyota Forums :: Toyota Nation
    Thanks to Jungleman for trying it, and others for their contributions! [​IMG]

Edit: Lights on-alternating, lights off-synchronized.

Just did this on my 09 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner. Works great, except that the left wire to splice onto at the DTRL is YELLOW, and the right is GREEN. Other than that, looks good. An additional benny is that when the four-way flashers are on, the front alternates turn lights to parking lights. That'll get someone's attention! One downside to my work: while I stepped away from the truck, my garage door came down on the front trim piece just above the grill. Left 12 scratches in the paint.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Was able to rub all but the two deepest out. Will work on it more tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Sep 21, 2015 at 2:58 PM
    Twalt87

Twalt87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Vancouver island Bc
    Ok, i ran into an issue doing this.
    Before the mod, i leave my head lights on shut key off lights go out when the door opens. Now after the mod, when i open my door the lights go out like they should BUT, when i hit lock on my key fob, the head lights and tail lights turn back on until i reopen my door.
    So im guessing when i lock the door and the lights flash its repowering up the head light switch.
    Anyone run into this? have a fix? (dont say turn the switch off lol)

3. Sep 21, 2015 at 3:05 PM
    Carroll

Carroll Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carroll
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB
    When I did mine, I wired a relay in parallel with the turn signal. When the flasher flashes, the relay energizes and the side markers go OFF. When the flasher turns off, the side marker comes back ON.

4. Jun 14, 2016 at 5:50 PM
    ambiguous25

ambiguous25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Joliet, IL
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    electrical: Raizin voltage stabilizer and grounding package accessories: WT mats & side window shields and bug shield and bump step, Tacoma bed mat TRD: rear license plate frame, 6-spd shift knob, valve stem caps
    I just did this, on drivers side (left) the wire was yellow, on passenger side (right) the wire was blue, green wire on right was the wrong wire... moral of this story: colorblind or Toyota didn't care what color wire they use... to be determined !

5. Sep 7, 2016 at 11:24 AM
    84runner

84runner Member

Member:
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Double Cab Prerunner / 99 Land Cruiser / 79 FJ40 Land Cruiser
    ambiguous25... how did it work? Pics!?!?

6. May 7, 2017 at 2:22 PM
    Murman

Murman Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner SR5 Access Cab 4cyl auto
    Undercover hard tonneau WeatherTech Floor Liners
    2011 AC Prerunner here. Tapped into yellow wire on the left DTRL and the blue wire on the right DTLR. Works great.

Last edited: May 7, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top