Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camping Gear?

Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
sgt_allhiser is on a distinguished road
Marines: 2nd battalion 5th Marines, Weapons Co.
sgt_allhiser's Tacoma Gallery
I've got that same gear
Old 05-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
plmber58 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Engineman 2nd class
Name: Jim
plmber58's Tacoma Gallery
Getting old so now it is camping in a pop up trailer and going to state parks but the main thing is bloody mary's in the morning with "Bloody Mary Mix From Hell" made with habaneros can only find at Bass Pro now. Bring a book and take my old man nap. One big question though why does food taste so much better when camping?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #24
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
food, shelter, heat source, and plenty of liquids...

Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #25
snowtaco is on a distinguished road
snowtaco's Tacoma Gallery
it all depends on what degree of roughing it you want
you depending on how tough you think you can be youll just bring less haha
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #26
Redfox458 will become famous soon enough

Redfox458's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL697 View Post
I'm minimalist as well... I also take pride in the fact that I can start a fire w/o matches...

I love starting fires without matches.....I just use a road flare
Old 05-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #27
remember to bring alooooot of stuff to blow up
Old 05-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #29
bigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud of
Name: mike
bigyetti's Tacoma Gallery
depends on the trip. well maybe what ever is in the truck spur of the moment. gottaa have beer
Old 05-20-2009, 11:12 PM   #30
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmber58 View Post
Getting old so now it is camping in a pop up trailer and going to state parks but the main thing is bloody mary's in the morning with "Bloody Mary Mix From Hell" made with habaneros can only find at Bass Pro now. Bring a book and take my old man nap. One big question though why does food taste so much better when camping?
Haha, I wonder the same thing. I think it's the smoky taste, fresh air, plus the extra work (hiking, fishing, chopping wood) that increases your appetite. In the city I can eat one or two burgers. Camping last weekend, I ate 4 burgers for supper, and was still hungry.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #31
Redfox458 will become famous soon enough

Redfox458's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
AH thats what those are for!
Maybe I'm just white trash, but you get a couple pallets, break em up into a pile, throw a road flare in the middle, then add the real wood....you're good to go!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #32
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox458 View Post
Maybe I'm just white trash, but you get a couple pallets, break em up into a pile, throw a road flare in the middle, then add the real wood....you're good to go!
Then i got a bit of trash in me too
Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #33
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox458 View Post

we threw 3 road flares in to a fire that was already burning really hot....

I think I say god
Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #34
gas is always good to throw into a fire in large amounts.. but away from trees
Old 05-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #35
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
....vaseline .....rubber gloves .....
Definitely TMI.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #36
TTU Ryan is on a distinguished road
TTU Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt45648 View Post
I just keep a machette and hatchet under my rear seats...
ME TOO!!!! well the hatchet at least!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #37
well they are both very important to have i always think
Old 05-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #38
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Well lets see, first things first. BEER!!!!! I think thats all I take.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #39
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have 2 Tiki torches I set up at the entrance to my tent. Oh....and a bath matt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I have a truck tent and nice coleman sleeping bag vaseline waterproof matches a good cushion for the bed airmatress rubber gloves and the basic tools.

Tent, woman to sleep with, air mattress (for lady), rope, beer, food, swimsuit (sometimes not needed ) and a tazer.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #40
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
and when all else fails... bring MORE beer!
Well if beer fails, start drinking some liquor!!!