Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camping Gear?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Camping Gear?

I've seen threads asking what people keep in their beds, or consoles.... I'm curious to know what kind of things everyone brings with them as standard camping gear? What things do you not allow? Any unique or interesting gear that might interest the rest of us?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
matt45648 is on a distinguished road
matt45648's Tacoma Gallery
I just keep a machette and hatchet under my rear seats...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 Tiki torches I set up at the entrance to my tent. Oh....and a bath matt.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
-roll a duct tape- boy scout water (gas) - wood - axe - a tarp - rope- more wood -sleeping bag, spare jacket and a swim siut
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I have a truck tent and nice coleman sleeping bag vaseline waterproof matches a good cushion for the bed airmatress rubber gloves and the basic tools.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
when camping with the truck I carry all the usual stuff that any weekend warrior would have.

normally i camp minimalist style, Sleeping bag and bivy sack in a small 35L pack. other than that i carry my knife and fire kit, the rest of the pack is filled with food, cooking pot, 2 pairs of socks and my rain gear strapped to the outside . I feel special being part of the small percentage of people in the civilized world who can make fire by friction.

oh yea in bear country i carry 2 100' sections of cordage for a make shift bear hang

this should be in the OT section
I'm minimalist as well... I also take pride in the fact that I can start a fire w/o matches...
Old 04-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
Senior Junior Member In Training
4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice

Name: Dan
4getful's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
i have a truck tent and nice coleman sleeping bag vaseline waterproof matches a good cushion for the bed airmatress rubber gloves and the basic tools.
????? Lol, wtf??
Old 04-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
i hope you dont mind i changed my original feelings from "feel special" to "take pride" its a special feeling knowing that you can do something that very few people around you can do. have you always been a minimalist or was it something that just kind of evolved?
I've kinda always been that way... More so since moving to the CO mountains...
Old 04-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4getful View Post
????? Lol, wtf??
sometimes nature calls. And if you gotta fap in the woods, might as well do it the right way
Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
Senior Junior Member In Training
4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice

Name: Dan
4getful's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
sometimes nature calls. And if you gotta fap in the woods, might as well do it the right way
LMFAO!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
-In my tool box all the times stays a single tree, and skinnin knife just in case i end up killin something while campin ( which a few times i've killed deer, skinned em at the camp site and threw that sumbitches tenderloins in the skillet n fried em).
-always take fishin stuff
-I sleep in the bed of my truck and if theres a chance it might rain i have a piece of plywood to put over the bed to keep me dry (no fancy camper top here)
-sleepin bag
-gun and a one eyed dog.
-peanut oil, skillet for fish or whatever
-busch beer and some homemade shine.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
no matter what i bring 2 tents, a sleeping bag, and some clothes

i USUALLY also carry a rubbermaid box with various camping supplies like paper, matches, garbage bags, and the like

I keep a fire extinguisher in my truck at all times

i'll usually try and bring a big jug of clean potable water as well

theres some tarps that stay in my toolbox and a bunch of rope and such too
Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
my USMC issued "camping" gear
Old 04-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I bring the usual stuff. I always make sure I have some p-cord. It works great for everything from making a stringer for fish or a snare for the bastard coons that break into ice chests.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
tents, sleeping bags, pillow, chairs, 10ft trampoline

wood, gas, x-mas trees

ice chest, beer for the night, soda for the woman, water for the next morning.

bbq, hot dogs, burgers, bread & sandwich meats

bungee cords, tow straps, u-bolts, mini compressor, and basic tools

depending on where we go, i'll bring the glock, and the paintball gun for fun

and some times, we bring lisa for extra company:

Old 04-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
fishing pole and tarp and drinking water! if i don't catch no fish, i'm just going hungry.

so i always camp near water.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Yeah, but, RUBBER GLOVES!? You have some acid for swimmers or somthin?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing says "MAN" more than nature fapping.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #19
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I load 'er up before the trip. As far was keeping permanent items, I will stock up my tool box as soon as I get one. For now, I definitely like to keep a good pair of binoculars in my console. I also like to toss in a "to go" or bug out bag into my truck when I'm about to head for the hills.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #20
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I have A LOT...
Some trips i'll go with just a knife and the clothes on my back and a gun.
Some trips I'll bring a truck bed and trailer full of gear....

depends what kind of mood i'm in I guess,