1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-Pro Pack Rack w/ Surfboards or SUPs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by txrowdy, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Oct 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    txrowdy

txrowdy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Maui, HI
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4
    3" ICON Stage 3, Pelfreybilt Front Bumper, Skid, Sliders, Prinsu Roof Rack, Bed Tool Mount Mod, Interior LEDs, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    Anyone running an All-Pro Pack Rack at standard height and using it to haul surfboards or something similar where the load would have to extend over the cab? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Supposedly it can be done but I am still thinking I would have to weld other cross bars to get the clearance I need.

I am running a similar setup to the picture below and you will notice the rack would need to be a few inches over cab height. I am told it ships 1" over cab right now.

Thoughts/Opinions?

bch_truk_09.jpg

2. Oct 18, 2014 at 12:33 PM
    TacomaTruckParts

TacomaTruckParts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    San Gabriel
    This is what I use. I have been testing my design over the past year and have made a few minor changes. You will be able to use Yakima bars and any Yakima accessories. I know it does not put the boards over the cab; They will stick out over the tailgate, so I am not sure they will work for you.

I am hoping to have these available in about a month. Right now I think the price will be well under $60 for a set of 4 with all hardware and powder coating (you supply the Yakima round bars).

Jesse

IMG_3446_zps2eb100ed_aff18f2be59ae5793c282dd6d7016596d744ff5c.jpg

3. Oct 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    txrowdy

txrowdy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Maui, HI
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4
    3" ICON Stage 3, Pelfreybilt Front Bumper, Skid, Sliders, Prinsu Roof Rack, Bed Tool Mount Mod, Interior LEDs, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    I definitely like the idea and have seen a few designs that are similar. It seems to be perfect for certain needs but I ride all different length boards so some of the larger boards need to be over the cab. Plus I would also like to be able to use the bed to camp out in. I have seen a few guys with roll-up canvas and that is more what I am going for. Good luck with your sales. I am sure there are many guys who could use your setup.

Products Discussed in

To Top