Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

All-Pro Pack Rack w/ Surfboards or SUPs

Old 10-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
txrowdy is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
txrowdy's Tacoma Gallery
All-Pro Pack Rack w/ Surfboards or SUPs

Anyone running an All-Pro Pack Rack at standard height and using it to haul surfboards or something similar where the load would have to extend over the cab? Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Supposedly it can be done but I am still thinking I would have to weld other cross bars to get the clearance I need.

I am running a similar setup to the picture below and you will notice the rack would need to be a few inches over cab height. I am told it ships 1" over cab right now.

Thoughts/Opinions?
Attached Thumbnails
All-Pro Pack Rack w/ Surfboards or SUPs-bch_truk_09.jpg  
Old 10-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
TacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
TacomaTruckParts's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I use. I have been testing my design over the past year and have made a few minor changes. You will be able to use Yakima bars and any Yakima accessories. I know it does not put the boards over the cab; They will stick out over the tailgate, so I am not sure they will work for you.

I am hoping to have these available in about a month. Right now I think the price will be well under $60 for a set of 4 with all hardware and powder coating (you supply the Yakima round bars).

Jesse

Old 10-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
txrowdy is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
txrowdy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTruckParts View Post
This is what I use. I have been testing my design over the past year and have made a few minor changes. You will be able to use Yakima bars and any Yakima accessories. I know it does not put the boards over the cab; They will stick out over the tailgate, so I am not sure they will work for you.

I am hoping to have these available in about a month. Right now I think the price will be well under $60 for a set of 4 with all hardware and powder coating (you supply the Yakima round bars).

Jesse

I definitely like the idea and have seen a few designs that are similar. It seems to be perfect for certain needs but I ride all different length boards so some of the larger boards need to be over the cab. Plus I would also like to be able to use the bed to camp out in. I have seen a few guys with roll-up canvas and that is more what I am going for. Good luck with your sales. I am sure there are many guys who could use your setup.