Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Satoshi Grill, Aftermarket, or Stock?

View Poll Results: Satoshi Grill, Aftermarket, or Stock?
Satoshi Grill 462 61.11%
Aftermarket Grill (i.e. Billet) 135 17.86%
Stock Grill 159 21.03%
Voters: 756. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Tacoma View Post
X2
You gotta support your own design man. Hell ya X2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
thats kinda cool...
I like that you don't have to mess with the fiber glass and bondo.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #22
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
You gotta support your own design man. Hell ya X2.

I like that you don't have to mess with the fiber glass and bondo.
yupp thats what i thought was kinda neat. If i had a spare color matched grill i would do that mod and switch off between satoshi/ jamoshi. but then i would want another colormatched with a regular grill craft....i am never going to be satisfied with this truck....
Old 06-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #23
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I also vote satoshi!! I've already gotten compliments for mine from people that don't even own Tacoma's!!! Its been a couple months since this thread was posted? Have you decided yet on what your going to do?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #24
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww_firefighter View Post
i also vote satoshi!! I've already gotten compliments for mine from people that don't even own tacoma's!!! Its been a couple months since this thread was posted? Have you decided yet on what your going to do?
x2
?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #26
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
so the satoshi mod dude then billet after market then the stock with highlighted paint job
but me kinda in the same boat but I'm thinkin may get a grille gaurd and if i get that then who's goona see my grill anyways so I dunno
Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #27
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a view from the non-satoshi people.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #28
wmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nice
wmb67's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ nice ^^^
Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #29
I don't want a large farva!
chiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nice

chiefridr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
Here is a view from the non-satoshi people.

I absolutely love the Jameoshi grill! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw this write up. I'm gonna do it soon, as soon as I find a place to get the expanded 16 ga. mesh.

But I wanna see a DIY write up on how you did that small opening below the grill between the foglights. BTW, anyone have their stock Tacoma badges off of their 08 or 09 they wanna get rid of for my project? And who knows where I can get those headlight eyebrows?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #30
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefridr View Post
I absolutely love the Jameoshi grill! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw this write up. I'm gonna do it soon, as soon as I find a place to get the expanded 16 ga. mesh.

But I wanna see a DIY write up on how you did that small opening below the grill between the foglights. BTW, anyone have their stock Tacoma badges off of their 08 or 09 they wanna get rid of for my project? And who knows where I can get those headlight eyebrows?

The eyelids popup on Ebay from time to time. Search for Trex Eyelids.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #31
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
My last major project is wiring in my alarm, due in sometime next week. After that - I'm gonna do a satoshi. Still trying to think of some way of making it unique though, havent decided how yet.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #32
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricT View Post
My last major project is wiring in my alarm, due in sometime next week. After that - I'm gonna do a satoshi. Still trying to think of some way of making it unique though, havent decided how yet.
Satoshi is always unique!!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #33
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but I always have to overdo it somehow. Make it my own.... not sure how just yet.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #34
TSubatis is on a distinguished road

TSubatis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TSubatis
satoshi all the way... so worth it once you build it and install it... look at it every morning and am so happy with it

Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #35
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

Army: 75th Ranger Regiment
Rangerpeterson's Tacoma Gallery
I have an off hte topic question.... does anyone know how the hell it got named Satoshi????
Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #36
TSubatis is on a distinguished road

TSubatis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TSubatis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerpeterson View Post
I have an off hte topic question.... does anyone know how the hell it got named Satoshi????
http://www.4runners.org/writeups/satoshi/miuras.html
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #37
James08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

James08's Tacoma Gallery
I voted aftermarket because I'm waiting on delivery of a couple grillcrafts like the red truck above. I also just got my T-Rex eyelids from the guy on ebay today. I can't wait to get it all on the truck!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #38
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
satoshi all the way!! i did mine in a day and love it.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #39

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
final decision?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #40
Doroliat03 is a jewel in the roughDoroliat03 is a jewel in the roughDoroliat03 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: 2nd Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Doroliat03's Tacoma Gallery
for the guys that did the satoshi. What way did you attach the mesh other than zip ties? Zip ties seem to be the most popular way. Any other ideas?