1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Leaf Springs?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Firefighter Rick, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Apr 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    Firefighter Rick

Firefighter Rick [OP] Member

Member:
    Ware, MA
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport 4x4
    I have read many posts on this and sorry to ask more? I have a 09 double cab 4x4 Long Bed TRD sport That seems to ride ok. I have not put much in the bed yet but plan to once and a while. I have the 3 leaf spring set up and drives smooth will the new set up make it a stiffer ride? What about when nothing in the bed how is the ride? I do alot of highway driving so like 75% of the time nothing in the bed. My dealer said I should wait till my 1st service to have it looked and said to tell them about the problem ;). I only have 1,000 miles on the truck. So far I love the truck so much better than my 05 ford f150 that was to much truck than I needed.
    Thanks

2. Apr 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    They told me that it would make the ride stiffer. I actually thought the ride was better afterwards. Go luck with it.

3. Apr 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    When I got my TSB done on my 08 i got my shocks and struts done also since you have the TRD its just your springs so don't worry about anything As far as the ride i didn't feel a diffrence.

4. Apr 23, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    YeAh I just had the TSB done to my sport TRD on Monday. I haven't felt much difference except for when I go over bumps my truck feels more stable and the back end feels more solid and doesn't wobble from side to side anymore.
    I would get it done IMHO.

Products Discussed in

To Top