1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

06 Tacoma Exhaust

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thedeekgeek, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Oct 29, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    thedeekgeek

thedeekgeek [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    austin
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '06 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 Access Cab
    i just inherited my father's '06 toyota tacoma 4.0L V6. i would like to put a new exhaust system on that will boost HP (nothing major) and will give it a decent bit of noise. i dont want to spent too much money, but i dont want cheap chinese crap. any suggestions?

2. Oct 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    Austin, sorry to tell you this... but horsepower gained from an exhaust system improvement is mainly confined to the wallets of the muffler shops.
    And yes, you can make it louder, but do you really want to put the tinny rattle of a Taco V6 up against the throaty roar of a Corvette?
    Save your money for the things that can turn heads without the snickers and guffaws: Big nasty knobby tires with a bed mounted spare, a snorkel, a whip antenna, and bumper~to~bumper mud splatters all over it. :mudding:

3. Oct 29, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    And a loud crappy exhaust that sounds like a broke down V6 Camaro to make them turn and look. :D

4. Oct 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    Exhaust alone will not add (and can sometimes hurt) power. The only time adding high flow intakes and free flow exhausts is a benefit is if you're making major engine modifications such as forced induction.

Unfortunately, a V6 just doesn't sound that great compared to a healthy V8. That being said, I've heard some pretty tempting combinations of short tube headers and the Borla Pro XS muffler.

Products Discussed in

To Top