Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bent class 4 hitch

Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
kendomin is on a distinguished road
kendomin's Tacoma Gallery
Bent class 4 hitch

Just purchased a 2008 V6 access cab TRD Sport. Noticed some things after driving it home 80 miles. It has the 6500-pound hitch package. I noticed that the one original owner managed to bend one of the loops that are on each side of the hitch.

Has anyone else done this or was this guy pulling something that seriously did not want to move?

Also noticed this 10k mile one year old truck has a noticeable area in the steering wheel where this guy must have applied his death grip. The leather is compressed on the wheel on both sides of just one seem making the seem noticeably raised.

Is this one common? Anyone noticing this on there 1 year old?

Are there any steering wheel mods for this tuck?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendomin View Post
Also noticed this 10k mile one year old truck has a noticeable area in the steering wheel where this guy must have applied his death grip. The leather is compressed on the wheel on both sides of just one seem making the seem noticeably raised.
The original owner may have been handicapped and had a siucide knob installed on the wheel.

I guess they may not have been handicapped but my mom is a stroke survivor and my parents have one on every vehicle they own, even the farm equipment.

Marc M
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

AzPrerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
All the adrenaline induced sweat and hard gripping caused some of the black rubber to come off my wheel on the left side. No indent though. And mines 4 years old so that is it too.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
maybe the truck was in a accident check carfax report
Old 04-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVHARD25 View Post
maybe the truck was in a accident check carfax report
X2 on the car fax... thats a lot of wear for a truck that young...

and... thanks to a carpet cleaning substance called P.U.R.T. the leather is ROTTING off my steering wheel...

i hate my jeep.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Bent loops on the hitch....

That could've meant his trailer came disconnected and the safety chains took all of the weight of the trailer.

That's just a guess....and a wild one at that. If that actually did happen, I wouldn't want to know what happened after that. The only way that would've came out OK - was if he had a brake-away kit on it and noticed the problem immediately. Otherwise, it would've gotten ugly.

DEFINATELY check a carfax report.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
camsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura about

camsbored's Tacoma Gallery
I had to get pulled out of some mud that I got stuck in and it bent my hitch loop a little. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendomin View Post
Just purchased a 2008 V6 access cab TRD Sport. Noticed some things after driving it home 80 miles. It has the 6500-pound hitch package. I noticed that the one original owner managed to bend one of the loops that are on each side of the hitch.

Has anyone else done this or was this guy pulling something that seriously did not want to move?

Is this one common? Anyone noticing this on there 1 year old?

Are there any steering wheel mods for this tuck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camsbored View Post
I had to get pulled out of some mud that I got stuck in and it bent my hitch loop a little. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
I wouldn't worry about the bent loop. I have bent them before to make it easier to get the chain hooks on.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #10
gdctaco is on a distinguished road
gdctaco's Tacoma Gallery
my '06 has a bent loop too, pulled out a stock grand cherokee that was buried to the frame. luckily that was all that bent, and no I wasnt jerking it.