1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 sport Final coat

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bajalife11, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Nov 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    bajalife11

bajalife11 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cody
    honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2015 SPT LB
    Just purchased this week, live out here in HI. I added the final coat to help with the salt. Does any one have the final coat feature as well. Just curious how well it works. Looking forward to getting some stuff done to my new truck.

2. Nov 1, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    Welcome to TW. Got my new TRD Sport yesterday. Not positive what you mean with "final coat" but assume its the polymer paint sealer. I passed on that, and will go old tech with carnuba wax. From what I've read about the sealer, it is warrantied ofr 5 years, but only lasts for a few months at best. Warranty says to take it in as soon as first symptom appears. Sorry, I don't have a fresh color sample to compare with every day, so any claim I made would be denied.

3. Nov 1, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    Most areas do not see any paint issues ( clear cracking or flaking/fading )unless you are in extreme heat and contact sun like Hawaii and a few other southern states. I have seen hood and roof paint issues.

I have not seen concerns of rusted body panels just the frame problems that have been nagging toyota for the past 20 years.

Products Discussed in

To Top