1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for Emblems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by deepsee, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Oct 22, 2007 at 6:01 AM
    deepsee

deepsee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC Black TRD OR Pkg
    LED dome,map,fog,and backup lights. AMP Bed extender, black badges, bed mat, weathertech window visors, weather tech floor mats front and back, Grillcraft black mesh, console and glove box organizer, tinted windows.
    Hey been having a hard time finding the side and back "tacoma, prerunner, Etc." emblems. I want to paint them black since apparently you cant buy black ones any where. Anybody out there that removed them from there ride looking to sell them? im looking for a complete set email me at bobby.b.parmenter@us.army.mil

2. Nov 24, 2007 at 8:08 PM
    Bigman_CP

Bigman_CP Member

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4
    3" lift, tires, clear altezza tail lights; clear turn signal lights; vent visors; K&N air filter; all emblems removed; LED lic plate, reverse, dome, and map lights;
    check eBay, i've seen some on there...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Nov 24, 2007 at 9:36 PM
    morcheez

morcheez Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    05 XRunner BSP
    A BUNCH
    i have a black TACOMA badge that i took off my truck but its about a 9 hour drive from me to get it hah...but if i ever get back home i will take it back with me :D

4. Nov 24, 2007 at 10:28 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
  5. Nov 25, 2007 at 7:32 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i have a complete set from my 07 v6 prerunner if you want them, i'll get rid of them pretty cheap. $6, a beer, a goat's ear and a piece of corkboard...but i do actually have the emblems so if u want them let me know

6. Nov 25, 2007 at 7:54 PM
    deepsee

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC Black TRD OR Pkg
    LED dome,map,fog,and backup lights. AMP Bed extender, black badges, bed mat, weathertech window visors, weather tech floor mats front and back, Grillcraft black mesh, console and glove box organizer, tinted windows.
    thanks anyway Turdtaco, wish i would have heard from you 4 days ago. I just won a complete set off ebay for like 40 bucks. compared to what they cost from the dealership thats an awsome deal. See i still have my badges but i want to paint a new set and make sure they look good before ripping mine off. I have a sliver double cab, and i plan i going with the black westin bull bar and nerf bars and i think black badges all around will look really good. I also have 15% tint all the way around. I think the black on sliver really looks sweet. i do plan on selling my old badges on ebay if i put the new set on hopefully i get my money back lol

7. Nov 25, 2007 at 8:00 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    damn $40? i'm selling mine on there then lol, hey have you ever debadged a truck before?? use fishing line to pull them off, and then goo-gone liquid adhesive remover to clean off all the junk. then stand back and look at it, wondering why you spent money on badges when it looks great without them :D and if you do put the black ones on, cut the "ma" off of tacoma so it just says taco, and prepare to amuse the general public

8. Nov 25, 2007 at 8:06 PM
    deepsee

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC Black TRD OR Pkg
    ive done my reading had my 08 for just over a month now and im on this site and others reading everything about mods for the truck at least once a day. i plan on using fishing wire and go gone. but ive looked at pics with them off and black and right now i think i like the black look. but just having them say taco sounds good maybe i will check it out. but yea got mine off ebay like 4 or 5 days ago and its all the emblems (tacoma, v6, prerunner, etc). I really like the black out headlight mod and ive worked on my share of cars and trucks but i dont trust myself to put any part of my new truck in the oven

9. Nov 25, 2007 at 8:11 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    haha the bhlm looks great, here are a few pics of how i did what you're trying to avoid doing, and what it looked like after i did it the right way. and when i took my emblems off, my plan was to paint them black and put them back on...just wait until you see the truck with them all off and cleaned up lol, i won't ever put mine back on thats for sure

hedalight.jpg
    bhlm2.jpg
    tacofront.jpg

10. Nov 25, 2007 at 8:13 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    we have ALL of the revised headlight mod instructions in a thread if you want the link to it, the reason mine got messed up is because you're supposed to heat up the oven and turn it off before you put the light inside, i didn't know about turning it off until the day after

11. Nov 25, 2007 at 8:17 PM
    deepsee

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC Black TRD OR Pkg
    lol sorry to laugh at your burned headlite but wow that sucks. I really want to mine done maybe after the new car things wheres off i will give a shot. I will give my truck a nice long look wit them off and make the choice then. how should i put the new ones on, just not sure about that and what brand bug deflecter do you have i read nothing but bad things about the toyota brand so im looking for an aftermarket one

12. Nov 25, 2007 at 8:21 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    lol i didnt burn it, it melted! besides i have a cool candy dish now :D use double-sided thin foam tape to put the emblems on, lay the tape across the back of the emblem and trim it to size between and around the letters and then stick it on. as for the bug deflector, anything but the toyota one haha, i am partial to AVS because of their light covers anyway so if i bought one i'd use theirs

13. Nov 29, 2007 at 6:44 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    thats gonna be one sweet ass truck! make sure you post pics when your done

14. Nov 29, 2007 at 11:31 AM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    yea fa sho

15. Nov 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    haha! that made me think of hte movie "superbad" when the fat kid says that. I dont know if you've seen it but if not go buy it. Dont even waste your money renting it, its one you need to own. i think it just came out actually...

16. Nov 29, 2007 at 1:00 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    It gets released on disc dec. 4th

17. Nov 29, 2007 at 4:46 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    lol thats what i was thinking about when i said it, i saw in twice in the theaters but i need to buy it

Products Discussed in

To Top