Notices

Looking for Emblems

Old 10-22-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
deepsee is on a distinguished road

Army: Master Diver/Pilot
Name: Bobby
deepsee's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for Emblems

Hey been having a hard time finding the side and back "tacoma, prerunner, Etc." emblems. I want to paint them black since apparently you cant buy black ones any where. Anybody out there that removed them from there ride looking to sell them? im looking for a complete set email me at bobby.b.parmenter@us.army.mil
Old 11-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
Bigman_CP is on a distinguished road
Bigman_CP's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Bigman_CP
check eBay, i've seen some on there...
Old 11-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
morcheez is on a distinguished road
morcheez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to morcheez
i have a black TACOMA badge that i took off my truck but its about a 9 hour drive from me to get it hah...but if i ever get back home i will take it back with me
Old 11-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
i have a complete set from my 07 v6 prerunner if you want them, i'll get rid of them pretty cheap. $6, a beer, a goat's ear and a piece of corkboard...but i do actually have the emblems so if u want them let me know
Old 11-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #6

deepsee's Tacoma Gallery
thanks anyway Turdtaco, wish i would have heard from you 4 days ago. I just won a complete set off ebay for like 40 bucks. compared to what they cost from the dealership thats an awsome deal. See i still have my badges but i want to paint a new set and make sure they look good before ripping mine off. I have a sliver double cab, and i plan i going with the black westin bull bar and nerf bars and i think black badges all around will look really good. I also have 15% tint all the way around. I think the black on sliver really looks sweet. i do plan on selling my old badges on ebay if i put the new set on hopefully i get my money back lol
Old 11-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #7

damn $40? i'm selling mine on there then lol, hey have you ever debadged a truck before?? use fishing line to pull them off, and then goo-gone liquid adhesive remover to clean off all the junk. then stand back and look at it, wondering why you spent money on badges when it looks great without them and if you do put the black ones on, cut the "ma" off of tacoma so it just says taco, and prepare to amuse the general public
Old 11-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #8

deepsee's Tacoma Gallery
ive done my reading had my 08 for just over a month now and im on this site and others reading everything about mods for the truck at least once a day. i plan on using fishing wire and go gone. but ive looked at pics with them off and black and right now i think i like the black look. but just having them say taco sounds good maybe i will check it out. but yea got mine off ebay like 4 or 5 days ago and its all the emblems (tacoma, v6, prerunner, etc). I really like the black out headlight mod and ive worked on my share of cars and trucks but i dont trust myself to put any part of my new truck in the oven
Old 11-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #9

haha the bhlm looks great, here are a few pics of how i did what you're trying to avoid doing, and what it looked like after i did it the right way. and when i took my emblems off, my plan was to paint them black and put them back on...just wait until you see the truck with them all off and cleaned up lol, i won't ever put mine back on thats for sure
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Emblems-hedalight.jpg   Looking for Emblems-bhlm2.jpg   Looking for Emblems-tacofront.jpg  
Old 11-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #10

we have ALL of the revised headlight mod instructions in a thread if you want the link to it, the reason mine got messed up is because you're supposed to heat up the oven and turn it off before you put the light inside, i didn't know about turning it off until the day after
Old 11-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #11

deepsee's Tacoma Gallery
lol sorry to laugh at your burned headlite but wow that sucks. I really want to mine done maybe after the new car things wheres off i will give a shot. I will give my truck a nice long look wit them off and make the choice then. how should i put the new ones on, just not sure about that and what brand bug deflecter do you have i read nothing but bad things about the toyota brand so im looking for an aftermarket one
Old 11-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsee View Post
lol sorry to laugh at your burned headlite but wow that sucks. I really want to mine done maybe after the new car things wheres off i will give a shot. I will give my truck a nice long look wit them off and make the choice then. how should i put the new ones on, just not sure about that and what brand bug deflecter do you have i read nothing but bad things about the toyota brand so im looking for an aftermarket one
lol i didnt burn it, it melted! besides i have a cool candy dish now use double-sided thin foam tape to put the emblems on, lay the tape across the back of the emblem and trim it to size between and around the letters and then stick it on. as for the bug deflector, anything but the toyota one haha, i am partial to AVS because of their light covers anyway so if i bought one i'd use theirs
Old 11-29-2007, 06:44 AM   #13
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsee View Post
thanks anyway Turdtaco, wish i would have heard from you 4 days ago. I just won a complete set off ebay for like 40 bucks. compared to what they cost from the dealership thats an awsome deal. See i still have my badges but i want to paint a new set and make sure they look good before ripping mine off. I have a sliver double cab, and i plan i going with the black westin bull bar and nerf bars and i think black badges all around will look really good. I also have 15% tint all the way around. I think the black on sliver really looks sweet. i do plan on selling my old badges on ebay if i put the new set on hopefully i get my money back lol
thats gonna be one sweet ass truck! make sure you post pics when your done
Old 11-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #15
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
yea fa sho
haha! that made me think of hte movie "superbad" when the fat kid says that. I dont know if you've seen it but if not go buy it. Dont even waste your money renting it, its one you need to own. i think it just came out actually...
Old 11-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #16
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
It gets released on disc dec. 4th
Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
haha! that made me think of hte movie "superbad" when the fat kid says that. I dont know if you've seen it but if not go buy it. Dont even waste your money renting it, its one you need to own. i think it just came out actually...
lol thats what i was thinking about when i said it, i saw in twice in the theaters but i need to buy it