LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

painting the front bottom piece of my truck black

Old 04-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Katzo production
leo08pirate has a spectacular aura aboutleo08pirate has a spectacular aura about

Name: Leo
leo08pirate's Tacoma Gallery
painting the front bottom piece of my truck black

i want to pain the black part just like the picture shows under the grill but the one that this pic has is a decal from sockmonkey
I was thinking of painting it my self instead of putting the sticker what you guys think about this.

should i paint it buy it the decal "sticker"
Old 04-25-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
If you were going to rattle can it...put the sticker on there instead. If you are going to do it right and use proper automotive paint, then paint it. .02

At least you can pull the sticker off if you screw it up...rattle can, not so much.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
x2 ^^. That looks sick though on the Off Road package. Either way you should do it unless you have the sport which color matching seems to be the standard.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
TX Trill
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Get the decal it looks sickkkkk!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Lol my dad used rattle can on his. It's his work truck so he didn't care and he wanted to change it up a little. Looks good for a while but you definitely will be touching it up due to the fact that rocks/bugs hit it and take the paint off. I like the fact that it's easy to touch up and cheap to do, but the vinyl allows you to go back to stock and not be stuck with it that way.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
pm sockmonkey and get the vinyl kit. if you get tired of it ...you can just peel it off. if you F up painting...well you get the idea. my vinyl has yet to fade.
fwiw

check out some of my pics in my profile to see the vinyl
Old 04-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
pm sockmonkey and get the vinyl kit. if you get tired of it ...you can just peel it off. if you F up painting...well you get the idea. my vinyl has yet to fade.
fwiw

check out some of my pics in my profile to see the vinyl

Your truck looks sick...Did you paint the Grill and Mirrors yourself to color match?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtree03 View Post
Your truck looks sick...Did you paint the Grill and Mirrors yourself to color match?
thanks man
luckily i found a color matched trd sport grill from a local. it was one of my first mods. then i painted my mirrors myself. someday i will get color matched handles and a scooped hood and have a perfect trd offroad/sort
oh yea...and colormatch the rear bumper.
if the sport came w the locker i would have been all over it
lol
Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #10

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
if the sport came w the locker i would have been all over it
lol
The reason I am going for the Off Road...The factory rear Locker. I figure I can paint everything else for less than 1500 it would cost to buy an aftermarket locker. The hood would be the most expensive thing and can live without, but it does look nice.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
funnyodd is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
funnyodd's Tacoma Gallery
Need help or ideas 08 Tacoma SR5!
I have spot from a sticky on my dash that left a dull white discolored spot. Would like to cover it to match original factor color dark charcoal gray any ideas would be most helpful
Old 11-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #12

jonny's Tacoma Gallery

me so confused