LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission Fluid Change

Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
TacosNBurritos is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TacosNBurritos's Tacoma Gallery
I've read that there are ways to change the transmission fluid by using the onboard computer. The trick with the lever between going back and forth between D and N, 6x. Having tried it but, I see the transmission requires 12 qts. Iv seen guys only changing 3-4qts. This isn't a true oil change. All that oil is still in the gears. How do you do a true oil change? Does it need to be flushed?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #22
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosNBurritos View Post
I've read that there are ways to change the transmission fluid by using the onboard computer. The trick with the lever between going back and forth between D and N, 6x. Having tried it but, I see the transmission requires 12 qts. Iv seen guys only changing 3-4qts. This isn't a true oil change. All that oil is still in the gears. How do you do a true oil change? Does it need to be flushed?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsmission.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsmission.html