1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about rear tail light and headliner

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by martytheman, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Nov 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    martytheman

martytheman [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Gray DCLB
    anyone that has taken their upper tail light off, do you know if it connects through the cab, above the headliner all the way to the sunglasses compartment?

I was thinking about drilling a hole where the middle light is for a rearview camera, or mounting one to the shark fin and running the wire through the tail light, and it would be soo much easier if I could pop the light off, stick the wire through and run it to the power under the sunglass compartment.
    anyone know if that's doable?

2. Nov 13, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    mrkabc

mrkabc Mall Crawler with a Locker

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?
    I just swapped out my third brake light. Pix here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...alling-clear-third-brake-light-2014-taco.html

If you take yours off you will destroy the "stick on" gasket that is holding the brake light to your cab.

I'd look elsewhere if I were you, unless you want to add the cost of a new brake light to your project's tab.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  3. Nov 13, 2014 at 9:23 PM
    martytheman

martytheman [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Gray DCLB
    yeah, I was thinking about that, and just like door panels on any car, once you take them off they're never quite right again.. I figured it would be the same with the tail light. I guess I'll just have to stick a 2nd cam on the back bumper and run a wire under the truck to the cab.. just figured from the tail light to the mirror location would be sooo convenient :)

4. Nov 14, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    If you chose to go that route, you would be able to fish a wire through there, between the headliner and the steel, no problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top