1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005-2008 Tacoma limited service campaign rusted frame.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Framerust, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Nov 15, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    Framerust

Framerust [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5 4x4
    So I got the "Limited Service Campaign" letter from Toyota last week and decided to inspect my Tacoma myself. Sure and behold 2 holes in my frame and it was deemed unsafe to drive. I dropped off my Tacoma and asked one of the techs in the back of the shop roughly how long it would take. He said he ordered a frame for one 4 months ago and still has not received it. I Then talked to my service adviser and he said once Toyota corporate gives the OK he will get the frame in 4-6 days and I should have the truck back in 2 weeks????? I then took it upon my self to go to the parts department in the same dealership and was told I would be lucky to get it in 2-4 months. I called about 20 dealerships around my area and they all said the same. After numerous searches on line I found out the there is a class action lawsuit about this very problem. I called Toyota corporate and the corporate service manager agreed that they have a problem and that there is no buy back program and to call there legal department and file a complaint. So in conclusion Toyota is going to put a $14,000 frame into a truck that is worth $15,000 and have me in a rental for 2-4 months and when I get my truck back I cannot trade it in because it has been flagged as a rust bucket. I AM DISGUSTED and going to take the advice of the Corporate service adviser.

rust 1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top