1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help finding rear diff. axle shaft

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longwaytothetop, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Apr 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    longwaytothetop

longwaytothetop [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond Va
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    Hey everyone, so about 2 months ago when I was driving on the highway i see this huge pot-hole in front of me and I avoid it with my front wheels but it hit my rear driver side wheel pretty hard. Ever since that happened my left rear wheel has had a slight wobble and when I go over 45mph it just gets even worse...its no not a vibration like a bad wheel bearing , but a wobble. So I was thinking hey it must have bent the wheel or maybe the bearing went or something. So i look at it today with the rear wheels off the ground and tires spinning, and I notice that the entire wheel, tires, brake drum and center hub seem to have the same in-and-out wobble. What it seems to be(what my dad and me believe) is the rear differential axle shaft on the driver side must have been slightly bent from that huge pot-hole. Also, the wheel bearing looked/felt fine as well.
    So my question is, have you guys ever looked for a rear differential axle shaft...i have found it really hard to find, mainly because most websites sell the whole differential itself, but I only need the axle shaft thats inside. Anyone know where I could find one, besides the dealership-stealership? ill probably head to the junkyard this week to see if there is anything there, but more options would be awesome.
    Thanks

2. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:00 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    ebay
    local junkyards
    online junkyards

I did a quick search on google "Used Toyota Parts"
    and got all kinds of links. Google and the search button are your friends!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top