1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just picked up my new Taco and the bed does not line up with the cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sandoz, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:19 AM
    sandoz

sandoz [OP] Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Access TRD
    Hey guys,

I just picked up my brand new TRD offroad access cab last night! I've only had the truck for a night and I already love it, what a great truck! I couldn't get the diff lock to work last night but I think its more complicated to get it on then just pressing the button, lol.

I have found an issue that really bothers me though. I noticed that the bed is to far to the left side of the truck (or the cab is to far to the right). The cab and the box line up perfect on the left side of the truck but since the box is narrower than the cab the right side goes way in at the box. I've read another thread where the guys box was lower on the one side and people commented saying that it is adjustable from left to right but not the height. I just wanted to confirm that the box is adjustable. I'm going to be calling Toyota Canada today when they open but I'm really anxious and wanted to figure it out before I call.

Thanks

2. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    TacomaMike37

TacomaMike37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB MGM
    Take a pic, throw it up here.

3. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:29 AM

127.0.0.1 AKA ::1

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    2013 NBM AC 4.0 4x4 Auto OR
    need pics

for locker, put it in 4wd, then 4wd lo, then
    hit locker button and move forward and back a foot or two until it clangs in

must be in 4lo first and must be below 5mph for it to engage

on a new truck it may take some fiddling forward and back to get it to slap in, use it ten times and it loosens up and engages quicker, but expect to always have to jiggle it in, so to speak

4. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    Take it back

5. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:34 AM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    Be ready for "that's normal" from pos dealership. That's not their fault... blah blah blah. Anything so they don't have to touch it.

6. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    LegitGreenTaco

LegitGreenTaco Photosynthesis.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Regular cab base A/C fixed now.
    Westin lights, Westin Light bar holder, New front bumper, Custom floor matts, Steering wheel cover, board in bed to keep groceries from rolling around, new radio, New flat bed cover.
    I would like to see pics and you might want to go and take it back.

7. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    pics or it didn't happen.....

six bolts will loosen the bed, and it is adjustable....

the stealership can do this for you, but, frankly, it is so easy to do I would do it myself, had to do it with my older Tacoma, took about 30 minutes to get it set right, double checking all gaps, bed alignment side to side with rear tires, then tighten, and done...

8. Nov 19, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    boogie3478

boogie3478 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road V6
    All the mods
    PICS Also, didn't you do a walkaround before taking delivery?? Seems like something like that would be noticeable.

9. Nov 19, 2014 at 7:05 AM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES
    It's not completely uncommon to have a new truck (it's only got a few miles on it - right?) get damaged after it leaves the factory. I'd bring it back and get it notated and fixed just in case some other related issue pops up later (i.e paint issue ). Maybe not - but just to CYA.

10. Nov 19, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    My 2013 was the same, about 3/4" off. Which makes the gap between the cab and bed really screwy. It's 6 #30 Torx bolts if I remember correctly. Not a common size Torx bit, I had to buy a whole set of sockets just to get this size. But yes, it easily adjusts when you loosen those bolts.

11. Nov 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    sandoz

sandoz [OP] Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Access TRD
    Thanks, I'll try the locker tomorrow. I'll also try and get pics posted tomorrow as well.

I didn't notice it the first couple times I walked around because I was only looking at one side at a time. Its difficult to see when you look at the truck but really noticeable after you see it the first time. I wasn't going to take possession but I was without the vehicle for the last three week and its difficult to get rides to and from work when no one lives in my area. I also bought it from out of town and was told it would probably take another few weeks if they ordered another one. The sales person also showed me a another one that didn't match up. It wasn't as bad as mine but it was "off" as well.

I called Toyota Canada and they suggested I take it back to the dealership and have it looked at. The dealership has a collision centre so the service department sent me back to them. The lady at the collision centre was very helpful and said it wasn't right and they would fix it. She booked me in for December 1st and arranged a rental car for me. They are going to have a look at it and go from there.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll try and get pics tomorrow and I also want to measure the distance from the sides of the cab to the frame to make sure its actually the box.

12. Nov 19, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    sandoz

sandoz [OP] Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Access TRD
    I forgot to say that I really like the truck, its awesome!

I purchased the 60/120 platinum warranty for a fraction of the posted price, got it Krowned and installed the Toyota Bongiovi stereo upgrade. All I need now are the weathertech mats, snow tires, and a set of sliders and I'm done until the spring, lol.

13. Nov 19, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    mrkabc

mrkabc Mall Crawler with a Locker

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?
    :worthless:

'Nuff said...

14. Nov 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    sandoz

sandoz [OP] Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Access TRD

Products Discussed in

To Top