Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone installed generic eBay UCA

Old 11-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone installed generic eBay UCA

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Silver-Up...ccd5b4&vxp=mtr

These look like they are very similar to total chaos, but a lot cheaper. Does anyone have any experience? They have very good eBay feedback.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen those before. Give a try and get back to us

Good price if they hold up ok, also see they have zerks..

Edit: fine.. Agree with others - don't risk you and your passengers lives with cheap knockoffs.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
toomanytoys84 is on a distinguished road
toomanytoys84's Tacoma Gallery
I have no experience, but I'd be leery of anything that holds the front wheels on my truck coming from a no name company on ebay.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you pay for.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
MKW is on a distinguished road

MKW's Tacoma Gallery
First thing I notice is...no gussets.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
boogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JakeFromStateFarm
boogie3478's Tacoma Gallery
Looks can be deceiving.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
www.ecgfabrication.com
StealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedStealthTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alec
StealthTaco's Tacoma Gallery
$76 shipping…might as well just get LR UCA at that point.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys84 View Post
I have no experience, but I'd be leery of anything that holds the front wheels on my truck coming from a no name company on ebay.
This.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #9
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
If that uca fails on the freeway or offroad miles from no where your going to hate your life. Its an important part of the suspension. Best not to go cheap.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthTaco View Post
$76 shipping…might as well just get LR UCA at that point.
True story. Just noticed that.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #11
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I agree with the last posts.. BUT - 'if' you do try them.. Lets us know how it works out for ya..

I would lnoy consider something like that for an untagged farm truck that is used to play in fields within walking distance to your toll/spare parts box.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
There are stuff that can be had on ebay that is safe, but suspension components are definitely not ebay worthy.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #13
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping is free to the US, $76 shipping was to my canadian address. As for the quality of these I dont see much different than other brands so I can't see how they would fail.

LR UCA's are $175 more and they use standard ball joints, not uniballs.

I think I may try them, I don't put a lot of miles on my truck or use it for long trips/off roading. I just want my alignment to be in spec.

I used to offroad a bit, but recently my truck just takes me to and from work. I have also sold my mud tires and put on some AT's. Just trying to get a factory feeling ride back.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #14
68vert is on a distinguished road

68vert's Tacoma Gallery
let us know how it goes.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #15
User Friendly

I'd be concerned with the metal quality, build/weld quality, fitment, and of course the quality of the uni-ball. Oh yeah, don't forget bushing quality,, I dunno - I know where you're coming from but if these break on the road you're screwd and then there's the loss of control issue..
Old 11-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #17
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKW View Post
First thing I notice is...no gussets.
I am wondering if they are on the other side, I asked the ebay seller, just waiting on a response.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #18
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
When the upper control arm breaks. The wheel will pull away from the vehical and will rip the steering, Cv and everything else out. It was also pivot and cause major body damage and thats if you dont loose control and hit a car or another vehical.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #19
User Friendly

Keeps your smooth factory ride maintained
Will never wear, break, or fail
Tough finish that lasts
Safest & easiest way to level lift

No need to worry.. Site says this ^
Old 11-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #20
HectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HectoRome's Tacoma Gallery
Just did a quick search "on the line" and ( Google NOT Bing ) found these are not just on eBay !

Finding them on many other sites right along side LR, Camburg and TC ! ! !