1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gauntlet gear - 2nd gen fuel tank. 33gallons

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pcyc, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Nov 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    steelhd

steelhd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD OR
  2. Nov 20, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  3. Nov 21, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    steelhd

steelhd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD OR
  4. Nov 21, 2014 at 11:56 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Direct quote from the link in the OP

" are also shipped with extensive fitting instructions "

5. Nov 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM
    MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northside of Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma BAJA T/X dcsb
    Weathertech floor mats, Go Rhino Dominator II step bars, EGR in channel ventshades, homemade spare tire bed rack, hitch step, K&N air filter and cabin air filter, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, Phillips LED headlights, Yellow Jacket yellow foglights, led back up lights, Mobtown tailgate stiffener, Wheeler's 3 leaf add a leaf, Firestone ride rite airbags, Bentrodders bed reinforcement stiffeners, PIAA windshield wipers
    If they made it hang the same height on the bottom edge as stock and just built it to go with a body lift then you wouldn't have it below the frame like it is. Although I would be worried about the excess weight all on the driverside.

The factory tank on my 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac rock crawler/ trail rig/ DD hangs down 2.5 inches below the frame. I already have a 3" BL on it, once I get the SAS and the F-250 drivetrain installed I plan on fabricating new tank brackets to move the tank up above the frame and build a full belly pan.

6. Nov 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:

Who puts a body lift on their Tacoma ?

7. Nov 22, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northside of Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma BAJA T/X dcsb
    Weathertech floor mats, Go Rhino Dominator II step bars, EGR in channel ventshades, homemade spare tire bed rack, hitch step, K&N air filter and cabin air filter, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, Phillips LED headlights, Yellow Jacket yellow foglights, led back up lights, Mobtown tailgate stiffener, Wheeler's 3 leaf add a leaf, Firestone ride rite airbags, Bentrodders bed reinforcement stiffeners, PIAA windshield wipers
    I've seen a couple around hear with them.

8. Nov 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    GOG

GOG Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gauntlet Overland Gear
    Colorado
    Hey guys, sorry for not responding sooner. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the tanks. The LRA tanks are pretty awesome considering the price-point and quality, they do come with everything needed to mount and connect them to your vehicle - it's a moderately complex process for a person who has solid mechanical skill.

I've been talking to LRA, as the company who was importing the tanks was recently bought out and shut down. Buying and having the tanks individually shipped from Australia is prohibitively expensive, so I've been pursuing bringing them over myself... but it sounds like there is another company mounting up to import these, and I hope to be able to sell them again since I've had a lot of interest in them.

Unfortunately, they're indefinitely out of stock for me (along with my other Aussie gear), but I'll make sure to check back in if I can get them again. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions, I'll do what I can to help answer!

Products Discussed in

To Top