1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frozen Taco!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HomerTaco, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Nov 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Do you have a scan gauge or ultra gauge? That way you have an idea of what your engine temp is, you could be low on coolant, thermostat stuck open, or heater core clogged, or air in the system. You can always try flushing it out, (preventative maintenance) but if you have over 100k and haven't flushed, I'd say go through and make sure you do a flush and fill, replace thermostat. I just replaced my water pump even though it wasn't bad, but I'm at 160k. I found out that you have to burp the system (get the air out) or else you won't get any heat.

2. Nov 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    ME OFF Rd

ME OFF Rd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road Edition
    - Digital Fit WeatherTechs - OME 885x Coils w/ Bilstein 5100's @ 0" - Rear Bilstein 5100's with ToyTec 2" AAL
    I just had this same issue and found My coolant was low, over 1/2 gal low. After filling it back up and a short drive the coolant was again low.
    I Removed my skid plates and found that a lot of anti freeze had collected on top of them but hadn't leaked on to the ground yet and I couldn't find where the leak was coming from so I had it towed to the nearest dealer. They found that a wield on the bottom of the radiator had crack. Service rep informed me that I was the 4th radiator that his shop has replaced.

Products Discussed in

To Top