1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP!! westin brush guard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by justinalldredge19, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Nov 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    justinalldredge19

justinalldredge19 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Arab, Alabama
    My dad bought a westin brush guard from a guy on craigslist that had a 2012. His truck is a 2013, the problem is we can't get the brackets to line up right, is the a difference between the 2 models??

2. Nov 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    I have installed them on an 07,2010,and a 2013 so far. I believe going from the 2012 to the 2013 there was a change. I noticed the 2013 we did mounts a lot different than the other two, and the support brackets are much thinner, causing it to vibrate at speed, just not as solid as the older mounts. I would check with Westin to insure correct fitment, it should be easy to find out.

I checked the part numbers on a Westin 2012 guard,and a 2013 guard - they are both the same numbers, so it seems like it should fit. If you have a picture of the brackets, I will compare them against what is on the 2013 we did and see if they are correct.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  3. Nov 23, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    justinalldredge19

justinalldredge19 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Arab, Alabama
    i think we've determined that thee brackets we need that slide in to the lower valence are suppose to mount horizontal with the radiator bracket, and the ones we have mount vertical, i tried many different things but no luck. the brush guard still went on we just made sure the two lower mounts were torqued and we mounted it were it wasn't as close to the bumper and grille in case some thing does happen. its still pretty sturdy. but ill feel more comfortable about it when the other 2 brackets are on. but I'm glad to hear that the 05-12 mounts are stronger in my case. thanks for the input.

Products Discussed in

To Top