1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 floor board vibration???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OldSven, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Nov 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM
    OldSven

OldSven [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 2013 dbl cab short bed TRD Offroad Tacoma with 13k miles on it. ICON coilovers, and Camburg ball joint UCA's in the front running 265/75/16 Falken LT AT's. The issue has just started a few weeks ago. I had the tires re-balanced, alignment done, and tried rotating the wheels with no luck. Once I have been driving for a few miles I start getting a constant vibration that I feel through the floor board and gas pedal. It feels like something from the front end area. I took it to Toyota and they re checked all of the stuff I did and said it was normal with my tires, I told them to swap in a stock set of wheels off of another truck and prove it. They did and said the vibration went away and that it was the tires.

Discount said that one of the tires may be out of round, problem is that I rotated them with no change. Toyota said the wheel bearings and front diff all checked out. I greased up the front UCA's and will have to drive it later to see if that might be it since I did notice more vibes when those went on due to the urethane bushings.

Anybody have any ideas or other parts they have run into with a similar issue?

Thanks!

2. Nov 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    Could've flat spotted the tire somewhere on that tire :notsure:

3. Nov 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    4x4?

10 bucks on front diff driver side bearing..... 60 bucks for an ECGS busing replacement and vibes will be gone.

The test: cruise down a straight road till you start to feel the vibe. flip it to 4HI, if the vibe goes away its your front diff bearing.

4. Nov 22, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    OldSven

Member:
    I will try that tomorrow. Also greased up the UCA's so I will see if for some reason it was those bushings were kind of dry.

5. Nov 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM
    OldSven

Member:
    Nope... Swap it in to 4hi and no change. I'm going to head to Discount tomorrow to try and rule out any issues with the tires. After that just wait and see if it gets worse to pin point it.

6. Dec 2, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    OldSven

Member:
    Well headed back in to the dealer tomorrow. Did some searching of my own today, greased up the drivelines just incase, then grabbed the CV's. The passenger one has slight movement in and out which is normal for a CV seens how it just pops in. But the driver side has the same movement plus side to side, which I know isn't normal. They tried to tell me it is my AT tires we will see how tomorrow goes :crazy:

Products Discussed in

To Top