1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dynolock, how are they holding up?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Imageoguy, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Nov 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    Imageoguy

Imageoguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gatineau, Qc, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB SR5
    Full OME suspension (885 front springs, Dakar leaf pack + OME shocks) + D29XL extra leaf + 3 deg. shim + RideRite airbags
    For those of you who have the Dynolock automatic tailgate lock, how are they holding up? I bought two Pop & Lock systems and they both crapped out, first one after a yr, second one after a month.

I'm planning on installing on a 2012 DCLB.

2. Nov 29, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    ballz716

ballz716 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mine has held up great the past 4yrs. No problems whatsoever.

3. Nov 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    Imageoguy

Imageoguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gatineau, Qc, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB SR5
    Full OME suspension (885 front springs, Dakar leaf pack + OME shocks) + D29XL extra leaf + 3 deg. shim + RideRite airbags
    That's encouraging! For some reason, looks like Pop & Lock is much more popular. I wonder if it's cause they are better advertisers :confused:

4. Oct 15, 2016 at 10:05 AM
    Flhighby

Flhighby Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Remynator
    Montreal surroundings
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCLB
    Skid plate (front section) OR FAB, Leer shell 122, CB Cobra WX ST II, Little Wil Antena, BF MudTire 32's, rear diff breather relocation, power lock tailgate, cab outlet/400W park and driving, fog lights on any time, rubber floor, blacked emblems, door ding
    Almost 3 years in, still works like new
    I like the fact that when I'm on a job site and need something in the bed.
    Double tap to open all 4 doors(and the tailgate).
    Since I'm not opening any doors on the cab, it locks back automatically after 60 seconds.
    It's a safety feature
    If your at the mall or whatever, as your leave your truck, after locking your doors. When putting your keys in your pockets, if you accidentally press the unlock button and don't hear it, but don't open any doors, it will lock back after 60 seconds.

On another note, if your leaving the grocery store with 5 bags in each hand because your an efficient person. Don't unlock from to far away thinking you'll be set when you get to the truck
    It just might lock up in your face as you are putting your small finger on the door handle to open it,,, such a hard life

Products Discussed in

To Top