Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I won the bonehead award today - I need a new fender flare

Old 04-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I won the bonehead award today - I need a new fender flare

I have a very narrow garage and scraped the hell out of my passenger side rear fender flare. I feel like a tool, and I need a replacement. Dealer wants $450.

Anyone got a better price?
I don't like the looks of the bushwacker with the divots... rather have smooth.

Alright, time to go puke/cry/howl/spaz a bit more
Old 04-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
check with toyotapartssales.com
Old 04-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Did the same thing to my 95 Tacoma......alcohol induced bad judgment.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
Did the same thing to my 95 Tacoma......alcohol induced bad judgment.

LOL!!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
check with toyotapartssales.com
They must have folded, that domain is up for sale. Doing a google search though... anyone have a part number?

Quote:
alcohol induced bad judgment.
All I can claim is mild sleep depravation... and a small garage. I have to get out the door sideways when I park. My neighbor has a Tundra and I don't know how he gets in, but I do know he can't get the garage door down!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Just saw one sell on eBay for 26 bucks... check there...

Might be worth throwing an offer at MJP2 also... he just went fiberglass bedsides...
Didn't see any on ebay, but nice idea on MJP... I'll throw a line his way.

EDIT: No luck on the google search so far.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
haha i did the same thing with a grocery cart this weekend, just left a few minor paint marks - i'll get em buffed out this afternoon. =)
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Just saw one sell on eBay for 26 bucks... check there...

Might be worth throwing an offer at MJP2 also... he just went fiberglass bedsides...
I mjp'ed them before going with the fiberglass.

I'm pretty sure the garage door frame did a cleaner job than I did with the sawzall where modifications are concerned.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
TRDparts4u.com Toyota of Dallas

263... not sure about shipping. Says for access cab and regular cab though, I'd double check the part number. I'm sure they'd have it though.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
TRDparts4u.com Toyota of Dallas

263... not sure about shipping. Says for access cab and regular cab though, I'd double check the part number. I'm sure they'd have it though.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Access/regular is a different shape than a DC shortbed
Old 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214074

also owned by Toyota of Dallas...i havent found many cheaper places for stock parts
Old 04-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Access/regular is a different shape than a DC shortbed
Thats why you call them and ask
Old 04-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Even if the flare is pink, don't try to put it in the plastic container under the hood.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #16
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
Even if the flare is pink, don't try to put it in the plastic container under the hood.
It's silver (well, the good part is). Metal is silver. That means I can use it as a skid plate, right?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #17
Nuggety

Did a bunch of contacting (wow DMZ offroad is fast... but didn't have any help)

might have some leads over at TTORA though!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #18
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Did a bunch of contacting (wow DMZ offroad is fast... but didn't have any help)

might have some leads over at TTORA though!
Wear your flack jacket.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #19
Nuggety

I just saw some in the B/S/T. I didn't say why I was interested!

Going to see if the collision department can fix it instead of replace. Maybe they can do some magic for less, because I didn't crack it or anything - just scrape it up
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
My truck was hit & run this winter & my fender flare was damaged. I opted not to fix it exactly what you are running into. My friends shop fixed the bed side but had to use new clips to put the flare back on. Those are cheap either. I don't notice it since its on the passenger side

Good luck with the finding one used or getting yours fixed.