1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Storage box for 2015 short bed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bearrider, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Dec 1, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    bearrider

bearrider [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    15 PreRunner SR5 DC
    After coveting them for a long time, I'm finally the proud owner of a new Tacoma (2015 PreRunner, double cab, 5' bed)! I'm looking into additions/modifications to make it my own, and I like the idea of a locking storage box for the bed. Since there's so little bed space already, I'm not sure what route to take. Also, I'm pretty wary of drilling holes in my brand new truck, so options that mount without that are preferred (this may be impossible, though).

I like the look of the Geneva Side Bed III, but there's no room in front of the wheel wells, so that's a no-go. I've seen the UnderCover Swing Case, which looks pretty good and would allow access to the small built-in storage spaces on the side, but it might be too flimsy/vulnerable. Any sturdy suggestions that would fit a short bed would be appreciated.

2. Dec 1, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
  3. Dec 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    bearrider

bearrider [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    15 PreRunner SR5 DC
    That looks pretty nice! I looked into your other stuff as well, liking what I see. I'm definitely looking for something space efficient and removable.

I wish there was a way to expand the existing side storage, there's clearly a lot of unused space there, but the only option I've seen costs $200 each. $400 to barely double that small space is absurd!

Products Discussed in

To Top