Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

In-Dash Navigation/DVD

Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
In-Dash Navigation/DVD

Does anyone have the Eclipse AVN5510 / AVN52D Navigation/DVD head unit? I have been researching the different systems, and am leaning toward this one. Does anyone have any pictures they can share? Any pros / cons from current users? Thanks!

Sorry about the small picture, but it was the only one I had.
Attached Thumbnails
In-Dash Navigation/DVD-eclipse-avn5510.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going with the Kenwood primarily because it has the Garmin software & i'm really used to the Nuvi series... Just get what you'll be comfortable with... If you've had great luck w/ eclipse then roll with it!!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
plus i dont think you even need a wireing harness for eclipse
Old 04-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
fritzthecat will become famous soon enough

Navy:
fritzthecat's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5510 in my 07. Nice unit, especially the Ipod adaptor. I also have the rear camera. The GPS antenna works well underneath the dash.
The bad: The steering wheel controls plug right in, but you need a new wiring harness for the rest of the plugs. The GPS software is decent but not up to the standard of a Garmin or TomTom. Plus it costs U$300+ for a new map DVD.

Fritz
Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Juiceman will become famous soon enough
Juiceman's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Kenwood 8120 and I couldnt be more happy. 5-volt pre outs, rear and front cam, garmin etc etc....super unit!