1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Tacoma Blower motor help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by scross61, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Dec 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    scross61

scross61 [OP] Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Hey TW, Looking for some help with a blower motor. I have a 09 Tacoma Prerunner W/TRD Sport pkg. I have been hearing a kind of growling noise when I turn the blower on high but is working o.k. Yesterday we got a lot of hard rain, when I came out of work I had water on the passenger floorboard. I thought maybe the heater core was shot but this was just clean, clear water, no antifreeze so I think the rain got through some way but it was dripping off the blower motor. I tried the blower and it was sluggish so I drove it home (about 20 mi.) trying the blower every no and then, it did o.k. My Temp. stayed Normal.Got out there this morning and the blower is running fine but the growl is a little more pronounced. The truck is warming up fine, all fluid levels are good, temp. gauge is normal so I don't think the water had anything to do with the heater core, just a leak I need to find. I bought it used last March so it might be something the previous owner had done before, Ex. drilled a hole for a wire run or something. It has never happened before. My question is, if it was the Blower motor resister or relay going bad I would not have power to the blower motor, Right? I don't have much experience on this one.I was thinking about starting by replacing the Blower motor first. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Thanks for the help. SC

2. Dec 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
  3. Dec 6, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5

Products Discussed in

To Top