Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Creaking dash

Old 12-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Dogdad is on a distinguished road

Dogdad's Tacoma Gallery
Creaking dash

I have had my 2015 tacoma a little over a week....dash is already creaking and rattling while driving...I don't drive hard and fast...not happy...my two Tundras were much better...toyota is not what it used to be....yea I know, what is".
Old 12-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, got the 4th gen tacoma eh?
Old 12-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
mica14tac is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: David
mica14tac's Tacoma Gallery
Dash issues

I read on some other post about inserting a piece of rubber or other pliable material between the dashboard top and windshield. I have a 2014 Tacoma double cab with about 2000 miles on it now. The dash started rattling last week and after taking my radio out and climbing under the dash looking for something causing a rattle without much luck, it appeared to be coming from the dash top next to the front windshield. I owned a 2011 Tacoma before my 2014 and experienced similar issues. I choose to use a 1/2 inch gasket cut to length of the dashboard opening at the base of the front windshield. Noise problem solved, looks great and quiet. I wanted a fix that had a factory appearance and the gasket install worked for me. It's actually hard to see anyway but if you do it does look uniform. A simple solution, minimal cost and took 5 minutes. Hope this helps. I will also say, I did notice more insulation around the air ducts and other areas to help reduce noise in this 2014 then the 2011 Tacoma.