Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2015 Tacoma Badge Work

Old 12-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
KReece1013 is a splendid one to beholdKReece1013 is a splendid one to beholdKReece1013 is a splendid one to beholdKReece1013 is a splendid one to beholdKReece1013 is a splendid one to beholdKReece1013 is a splendid one to beholdKReece1013 is a splendid one to behold
KReece1013's Tacoma Gallery
2015 Tacoma Badge Work

Has anyone taken their Toyota and Tacoma badges off of the tailgate and doors? Are they pinned or are they just stuck on with double sided tape? I'm thinking of plasti-dipping mine black. I have a Barcelona Red DCLB and thinking of either removing the badges fully or painting them black. looking to do a blackout. Wheels will be the last to go dark.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KReece1013 View Post
Has anyone taken their Toyota and Tacoma badges off of the tailgate and doors? Are they pinned or are they just stuck on with double sided tape? I'm thinking of plasti-dipping mine black. I have a Barcelona Red DCLB and thinking of either removing the badges fully or painting them black. looking to do a blackout. Wheels will be the last to go dark.

Thanks
I took mine off last weekend with a hair dryer and dental floss. They are simply stuck on and the adhesive comes off quite easily.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
double sided tape...use a hair dryer or heatgun and some fishing line
Old 12-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
This ^
Old 12-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
muddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
muddog67's Tacoma Gallery
I used a plastic putty knife with soap and water and put the putty knife under each letter after spraying it and wiggle the knife and they come right off , but keep the paint wet so you dont scratch
Old 12-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
CoastieN70 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: CWO4
Name: Lee
CoastieN70's Tacoma Gallery
Dental floss and "WD40" for left over adhesive...
Old 12-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddog67 View Post
but keep the paint wet so you dont scratch
wut
Old 12-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
muddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wut wut ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
wut
Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #9
Shwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Shwaa's Tacoma Gallery
fishing line, hair dryer and goo-gone worked great for me
Old 12-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #10
Chuck Wagon will become famous soon enoughChuck Wagon will become famous soon enough
Chuck Wagon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwaa View Post
fishing line, hair dryer and goo-gone worked great for me
This, also gasoline on a shop rag also helps eat/ loosen the adhesive material.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
Unchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnchained 5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dave Trends Auto
Unchained 5150's Tacoma Gallery
Can this be done in the winter or should I wait until summer?
Old 12-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #12

You can do it any time of the year , temperature should not be a factor .
Old 01-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #13
bradforj is on a distinguished road
bradforj's Tacoma Gallery
Could anyone tell me the underlying color of the badges? What color plastic are they molded in?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:31 AM   #14
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradforj View Post
Could anyone tell me the underlying color of the badges? What color plastic are they molded in?
Pretty sure it is light grey under the chrome. I can check later to see if I have some blasted unfinished in the shop.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:35 AM   #15
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Typically either white or greyinsh.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #16
bradforj is on a distinguished road
bradforj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Pretty sure it is light grey under the chrome. I can check later to see if I have some blasted unfinished in the shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Typically either white or greyinsh.
That is unfortunate. Soaking chromed plastic in pure Purple Power for 20 minutes will completely de-chrome it. I was hoping these were black underneath.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #17
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is unfortunate. Soaking chromed plastic in pure Purple Power for 20 minutes will completely de-chrome it. I was hoping these were black underneath.
That would be the easiest route, but I think even if they were black you would still have to paint it. It would be a real cheap "plasticy" looking black, just like the white or grey is usually somewhat translucent off-color, not bright solid white or grey.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:43 AM   #18
Senior Moment Member
RRsperry is on a distinguished road
Navy: MM1(SS)
Name: Rich
RRsperry's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a job for Plastidip
Old 01-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #19
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan to take them off and put them back on, make sure you mark the locations before you take them off so you get them in the right position afterwards.