Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tundra control arms on a Tacoma.......

Old 04-28-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra control arms on a Tacoma.......

I have a friend who has a frontier with Titan control arms on it. This gives him a factory long travel kit. It gives each side about 3 more inches. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried putting Tundra arms on a taco for the same reason.
It would be cool if you could do that. It probably does not work or companies like All Pro would not make a mid travel kit.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
I have a friend who has a frontier with Titan control arms on it. This gives him a factory long travel kit. It gives each side about 3 more inches. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried putting Tundra arms on a taco for the same reason.
It would be cool if you could do that. It probably does not work or companies like All Pro would not make a mid travel kit.
never heard of someone trying this... but i know it you do that you would have to change out more than just the control arms.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
P. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to behold

P. Bauer's Tacoma Gallery
not sure they would be a direct fit, seems like the attachment points differ as well as size and alignment specs.

Ask the Titan guys how those Pathfinder rear diffs. are working out for them, seems Nissan thought making -1- diff. for all their trucks/SUVs was a good idea. Not.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
never heard of someone trying this... but i know it you do that you would have to change out more than just the control arms.
yupp
before i bought the taco i was always on the frontier boards.
of coarse you will need a few small items...but the titan control arms fit the frontier perfect. great cheap upgrade.

but tacoma for the win
Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
It is a pretty cool upgrade for the frontiers
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
yupp
before i bought the taco i was always on the frontier boards.
of coarse you will need a few small items...but the titan control arms fit the frontier perfect. great cheap upgrade.

but tacoma for the win
Good thing you got the TACOMA....
Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
someone find me some tundra CAs and I will be the ginea pig Or do i need a prerunner
Old 04-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Good thing you got the TACOMA....
this is true...
Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #11
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
Fred, we should compare my CA's to your's. And if they come up missing..............I will know where to look....
Old 07-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #12
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Fred, we should compare my CA's to your's. And if they come up missing..............I will know where to look....
Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
Chris Slade is on a distinguished road
Chris Slade's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2008 Tacoma double cab 4x4 and a 2010 Tundra 4x4 regular cab. Is it easy to measure and see if the fit is the same?