Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Breaks Squeaking at 17.5K Miles

Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
OrganicMartin is on a distinguished road
OrganicMartin's Tacoma Gallery
Breaks Squeaking at 17.5K Miles

I have an í07 Tacoma and the breaks have started to squeak. Iíll take it to a mechanic, but this canít be right. New breaks in under 18K miles? Comments welcome.

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
you must drive like i do....
i have two pedals....always gotta be pressing one.
lol
jk man
mine squeaked a little at 14k, sprayed them out with brake cleaner and a compressor and they are quiet now. lotsa pad left
fwiw
Old 04-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
They might be dirty. Like posted above clean them out then bed them in. That works on mine. 50k miles still lots of pad left.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Mine squeak occasionally when I first start and back up... otherwise it goes away. Squeak (IMO) just means they are working
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
OrganicMartin is on a distinguished road
OrganicMartin's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, boys.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:25 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Mine squeak occasionally when I first start and back up... otherwise it goes away. Squeak (IMO) just means they are working
FWIW, There is a TSB for the brake squeaking only in reverse. I had mine done & no more squeak backing out of the driveway in the morning
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 AM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
FWIW, There is a TSB for the brake squeaking only in reverse. I had mine done & no more squeak backing out of the driveway in the morning
I'm outside TSB coverage, I guess I'll look into the TSB tonight and see what they did. Not a big deal though, its only occasionaly.