1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The truth about "ordering" a truck from the dealer?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TOYOTA 09, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Jan 5, 2015 at 7:05 AM
    NoDak

NoDak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Minot, ND
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Blazing Blue
    did you buy it before 1-1-2015?

if so, did you get your 30th anniversary discount?

it was valid for the whole calendar year of 2014.

if I remember correctly, for the TEp it was a $750 discount. unfortunately when I bought mine in dec-2013 I missed out the LE discount of $1000.

2. Jan 7, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    TOYOTA 09

TOYOTA 09 [OP] Kicking Ass Since 1981

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 MT 4x4 Access Cab
    Preview 2009 SR5 4x4 MT Black Sand Pearl (Access Cab) SUSPENSION ToyTec 5100 Billstein Coil Overs (3" Lift) Fox 2.0 Remote Res Rear Shocks Total Chaos UCAs Full Dakar Leaf Pack w/Extra AAL TIRES & WHEELS BFG AT KOs 265/75/16 load range E American Rancing AR-23 Wheels Borla CAT back exhaust AFE cold air intake w/custom TRD clear cover Satoshi grill w/Grill Craft insert Hella 500 behind grill lights Rigid Industries Backup lights Interior Custom LEDs and Bed Lights Backup Cam Anytime MOD Leather armrest and rear seat MOD Weathertech floor liners Custom rear gear/dog platform Cobra CB and Garmin GPS Bed Mat UWS low pro tool box with Custom LED lights Diff breather MOD Custom painted engine cover Wet Okole seat covers
    No bought after 1-1-2015

3. Jan 17, 2015 at 10:26 PM
    strictlys

strictlys Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super White Tacoma DC TRD OR SB
    I asked all the dealers. Near me as well for a white graphite interior dclb 4x4 trd sport, navigation and tow package. Everyone was coming up with extras I did not want. Found a dealer with lowest price and they said they can switch a incoming car to my specs and put a 500 deposit. This was earlier this week and they received the build time which is feb 15 and expected delivery of March. They have vin and spec sheet for me already.

Frustrating when all the other dealers couldnt do it and one dealer made it easy for me. I gave them a credit card for deposit and they stated they won't run it. Unfortunately i don't have a buy sheet since legally I can't buy something that doesn't exist. I do have quote pricing he gave me and nice thing is if toyota does a promo March I can participate in it.

4. Jan 18, 2015 at 12:47 AM
    doingresearch

doingresearch Active Member

Member:

I had similar experiences at various dealerships, sales people acting like jerks. I bet these guys are not very smart or educated and hate their jobs. It is a huge mistake to rely on anyone at a dealership for information. Do your own research.

5. Feb 11, 2015 at 5:05 PM
    DaddyD

DaddyD New Member

Member:
    Eastern, NC
    Vehicle:
    15 Limited
    I've got a 2015 Limited on order (Metallic Grey). From what I was told that color is hard to get a hold of. Personally I don't understand. They tried hard putting me in a Black one that was promised in two weeks. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money I'm going to get the color I want! I don't mind the wait! That's less miles I would put on it if I drove it off the lot! My dealership told me it would take 3 months to build/ship/arrive. Had to give a deposit to lock it in!

Products Discussed in

To Top