Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hooked !!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
2fiddyf is on a distinguished road
2fiddyf's Tacoma Gallery
Hooked !!

Ok I have owned my share of trucks through out the years....and I have never been so addicted like I am now...

I have had my taco for about a month now and keep scanning the boards and wanting to do more to my truck everyday.

You guys are making things worse ..LOL... when I see everything that everyone is doing and how good they look , it makes me want to do more and more things to my truck... hahaha
Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. I never had much desire to do any wrenching on my past trucks. The Tacoma just makes you proud and you want it to look good.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
bao523 is on a distinguished road
bao523's Tacoma Gallery
the feeling is mutual. i owned a 92 toyota pickup in the past and didn't really do much to it. sold it 6 months ago with 280,000 miles. just bought me an 08 tacoma double cab a month ago and already ordering parts for it. i don't think its gonna stop anytime soon.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery

You are now officially an automotive enthusiast!!!

Any vehicle you own from here on out - no matter what you drive - you'll have a crazy sensation to do STUFF to it and spend money on it!!!

Believe me....my first tacoma did me in. I've had atleast 4 vehicles since that I spend money on.

We're all DISEASED!!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:44 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

You are now officially an automotive enthusiast!!!

Any vehicle you own from here on out - no matter what you drive - you'll have a crazy sensation to do STUFF to it and spend money on it!!!

Believe me....my first tacoma did me in. I've had atleast 4 vehicles since that I spend money on.

We're all DISEASED!!
I'm glad that I share my sickness with all of you.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same prob my gf doesnt care for it to much
Old 10-25-2007, 06:19 AM   #8
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
i have the same prob my gf doesnt care for it to much
My ex hated this part of my life

Why trucks are better than women:

- When you get tired of your truck you can trade it for a better one and still keep most of your possessions.

- Trucks follow orders and operate for extended periods of time with minimal affection and attention.

- Trucks don't mind if you drive another truck for a while.

- Trucks don't mind if you have another truck just for "running around town."

- If you're driving your truck too hard and something breaks, you can just get a new truck.

- Trucks have a built-in radio with volume control.

- Once you turn off a truck, it stays quiet until you turn it on again.

- You can invite your friends over to drive your new truck.

- You can use your new truck to pick up women.

- Trucks never ask you what you're thinking.

- Trucks never get jealous if you drive another truck.

- Trucks give a much better return on your investment.

- You can go anywhere with your truck, and yet feel free.

- A truck will bring you where YOU want to go.

- Trucks don't mind if you test drive them before you buy.

- You can beat the shit out of your truck and not go to jail.

- If you put your foot down it won't bitch about it for three days before agreeing to do it.

- You only need to put gas and oil in a truck to make it work.

- You can lend your truck to a friend and not only will you be willing to drive it again but it often comes back washed and with a case of beer in the back.

- You can put your load in a truck and it won't follow you around for the next week.

- A truck doesn't care how many other trucks you've been in.

- To get a truck hot just turn the ignition.

- You don't need to wear a glove to drive some one else's truck.

- If you put gas in a truck, just smooth running. Try putting gas in a woman's intake valve and see how she reacts.

- You can ride your truck in public without getting arrested.

- When your truck is under repair you can use a loaner.

- You can look under the hood without getting slapped.

- If you have an accident in one, it's less expensive in a truck.

- You can ride one for hours before getting tired.

- If the seat's too big, you can swap it for a smaller one.

- Trucks have big bumpers.

- You can always find the door.

- You can ride a truck all night.

- When you put a truck to work it doesn't complain.

- Once you've payed for a truck it's yours to sell.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
2fiddyf is on a distinguished road
2fiddyf's Tacoma Gallery
lol....Glad I'm not alone

Last night I went home and was out in the garage for awhile , when my wife poked her head out the door and asked what I was doing out there for so long hahahaha.......
I said I am working on my truck....she is confused since my truck is only a month old ...LOL

I actually cut down the front mudflaps last night and they turned out pretty good, I was kinda scared at 1st, but once I started cutting there was no turning back. Ended up taking approx 3 inches off.

Oh yea, if you do the job w/ a dremel tool, make sure you wear safety glasses or something, hot mudflap plastic does not feel great in the eye

I am ok, i looked for my safety glasses , couldn't find them so I grabbed a pair of motorcycle goggles...hahahaha I'm sure that looked funny when my wife looked out in the garage at me....
Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #10
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
haha! nice write up Viet!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yes, I can relate to being adicted to my new Taco.

Coming off the VW crowd and my modified GTi VR6, which by the way I put another $12K+ into. I'm hoping to not go as nuts with the Taco, but so far, 1 month later I'm already almost $800 extra into it and I haven't made 1 payment yet!

I plan on rear sway bar, front and rear shocks (if the TSB falls through) and wheels and tires once the stockers puke in about 2 years. I hope to call it quits after that for the mods and busted knuckles.

- M
Old 10-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #12
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiVR6r View Post
Oh yes, I can relate to being adicted to my new Taco.

Coming off the VW crowd and my modified GTi VR6, which by the way I put another $12K+ into. I'm hoping to not go as nuts with the Taco, but so far, 1 month later I'm already almost $800 extra into it and I haven't made 1 payment yet!

I plan on rear sway bar, front and rear shocks (if the TSB falls through) and wheels and tires once the stockers puke in about 2 years. I hope to call it quits after that for the mods and busted knuckles.

- M
Speaking of the rear leaf spring TSB.... I just f*ckin picked mine up, and the parts dpt ordered the original replacement parts. All I had to do was look at the rear shock, and it was black. I had the service lady (who was very kind btw) reorder the Bilstein and 4 leaf packs. Gonna be here Monday, but I want her present, so Wednesday.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:31 AM   #13
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Viet2100;29657]My ex hated this part of my life

Why trucks are better than women:

- When you get tired of your truck you can trade it for a better one and still keep most of your possessions.

- Trucks follow orders and operate for extended periods of time with minimal affection and attention.

- Trucks don't mind if you drive another truck for a while.

- Trucks don't mind if you have another truck just for "running around town."

- If you're driving your truck too hard and something breaks, you can just get a new truck.

- Trucks have a built-in radio with volume control.

- Once you turn off a truck, it stays quiet until you turn it on again.

Hey Viet! ! !

Now that is some very funny stuff (as long as the better half doesn't catch me reading it! !!) That's the kind of stuff if you read it with Jeff Foxworthy's accent it's really funny! !

This is the stuff that sets Taco owners apart from the rest! !!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #14
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
You're right Don G, i went back and re-read it with a jeff foxworthy accent and it is funnier that way!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #15
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
This whole site is funnier if you read it with a Jeff Foxworthy accent