Notices

05 tacoma stuck in four wheel drive

Old 12-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
Jamie R. Cherry is on a distinguished road
Army: Reservist in the Army 1988
Name: Jamie
Jamie R. Cherry's Tacoma Gallery
Angry 05 tacoma stuck in four wheel drive

Help! My truck is stuck in four wheel drive! I pulled the fuse, unhooked the battery, checked both connections at the transfer case and front actuator! Front actuator was brand new last year! Transfer case was replaced last year! I'm very frustrated with my truck needless to say!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Perpetual Cynic
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
I would start by taking it back to the shop that installed the actuator and/or transfer case.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried shifting into 4Lo, then back to 4Hi, then 2Hi? For some reason, my truck has not wanted to shift from 4Hi back to 2Hi on two separate occasions about a year apart - it wouldn't even try to shift out, was not a mechanical issue. I shifted into 4Lo and back to 4Hi, then is worked fine on both occasions. It's been almost two years since the last time that happened, in probably over 150 uses. I've seen no reason to pursue the issue further, as it can't be duplicated, might be worth a shot in your case.