Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exhaust tips:

Old 04-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question Exhaust tips:

Does anyone have any recomendation on brand and where to buy Black slant cut exhaust tips. I want to run dual outs, one to each side, and want the 12 long slant cut tips. But Im looking for Black. Hard to find. I know a few just paint them. But I was hoping to find a pair on the after market that are not prone to peeling and chiping after breakin.

Only brand I keep seeing is RBP... But hate the fact that 1) they are clamp on 2) ugly RBP Logo

Thanks in advance...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Could get an exhaust shop to custom cut them.
As far as the coloration goes.. not sure which is more recommended for exhaust, Powder coat or Anodization.
Hmmm

As for the cut, the shop I go to got em, but the color is the issue. I am elimninating all Polished/chrome/silver on my truck, so yes they must be black. I could have them powder coated, but figured might be cheaper if purchased that way.

I'm hoping Tacomac will chime in, if not PM is coming your way.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i think rbp might sell em, or mbrp
Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
what ya think, Eddie.........

http://www.autobarn.net/ractive-blac...me-ss-tip.html
Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i think rbp might sell em, or mbrp
Only brand I keep seeing is RBP... But hate the fact that 1) they are clamp on 2) ugly RBP Logo

LOL....

I will spray can paint before purchasing that brand
Old 04-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction

[quote=tacomaman06;569045]what ya think, Eddie.........

http://www.autobarn.net/ractive-blac...tml[/quote]

You Dah Man...

You know anyone running these??? I am willing to paint like you advised, but it these get a descent rep, I might have to purchase

Thanks Bro.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[QUOTE=roxspin72;569061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
what ya think, Eddie.........

http://www.autobarn.net/ractive-blac...tml[/quote]

You Dah Man...

You know anyone running these??? I am willing to paint like you advised, but it these get a descent rep, I might have to purchase

Thanks Bro.
well, i havent heard of anyone using these that i know of anyway.......but they look pretty good. i did a google search, and those were about the best i could come up with, unless you wanted to go with black chrome, and i found some nice ones of those.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
Enjoying my addiction

[quote=tacomaman06;569068]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post

well, i havent heard of anyone using these that i know of anyway.......but they look pretty good. i did a google search, and those were about the best i could come up with, unless you wanted to go with black chrome, and i found some nice ones of those.
Those are right up my alley, kept seeing the bolt on ones for some reason...

I sawzalled my tailpipe today, dumping right after the axel, and for some reason Im hating it. Drone is increased, and no real pulse... Only time it sounds almost descent is when Im on the throttle hard, and that cost Gas money

I want a nice rumble, but got tired of that big ole polished Tip... Oh well you've heard my Soap box @ URE... Im in the middle of fixing the rasp, but once complete I will have my truck looking tight...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #10

[QUOTE=roxspin72;569094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post

Those are right up my alley, kept seeing the bolt on ones for some reason...

I sawzalled my tailpipe today, dumping right after the axel, and for some reason Im hating it. Drone is increased, and no real pulse... Only time it sounds almost descent is when Im on the throttle hard, and that cost Gas money

I want a nice rumble, but got tired of that big ole polished Tip... Oh well you've heard my Soap box @ URE... Im in the middle of fixing the rasp, but once complete I will have my truck looking tight...
sweet!! did you ever take the flex part of the pipe,where the spring is, and have it welded, or had the other part cut and rewelded yet?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
Enjoying my addiction

[quote=tacomaman06;569105]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post

sweet!! did you ever take the flex part of the pipe,where the spring is, and have it welded, or had the other part cut and rewelded yet?
Nah not yet bro. I did cut off some metal that pertruded past the rear doughnut gasket. Tacoskim had issues with that, but seems my anoying rasp is different from all others. Trial and error. I am thinking of just throwing on the test pipe just to see if it's the pipe bomb all together... If not then I will look into runing high flow cats on the Y-pipe to eliminate the turbulating rasp due to running no Cats.

I wish I never f'd w/the stock Y-pipe

Oh well...