1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dash lights not working?? I will start out with the obvious i have a 2007 toyota tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Myz250f, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Dec 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM
    Myz250f

Myz250f [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    daniel
    New York
    exhaust, headlight bulbs, k&n intake, programer, toytec boss front coil overs, toytec boss rear shocks, sway bar relocation, Dakar leaf pak, oc taco extended stainless steel break lines (red), kicker component front speakers, kicker 2 way rear speakers, pioneer head unit, mtx thunder amp, reverse light bulbs
    i will start out with the obvious
    i have a 2007 toyota tacoma double cab trd sb

my dash (rpm,mph, gas, battery, temp, and cd player) will not light up when my head lights or day time running lights are on.

i detailed my truck today.
    washed and waxed,vacuumed, cleaned wheels and most importantly to the subject cleaned my engine bay with light soap, hot water in bucket and colder water from the hose. air temp in my town in ny was 55f so i took advantage of the "high air tempo and day off and cleaned the vehicle

i drove the truck to a Christmas party and everything was fine

i went to leave (air temp 30f) and i did not have night time gauge cluster lights or cd play lights
    the drive home was 10 min long and i left the truck running for another 5 min hopping what ever got wet may dry out as the engine bay warmed up

when i got home i check all other lights and electronics and everything ran fine besides the gauge cluster and cd player night time lights.

i then turned the truck off popped the hood, disconnected the battery and re connected the battery thinking it may reset the issue .

it did not work.

will recheck on my way into work for a 24 at the fd in the am and will report back with a status update

any thoughts on the issue?

i think i may have a blown fuse.?

will study fuse box tm when i can to figure out what fuse it may be

2. Dec 26, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    Did you check the dimmer switch to see if its turned down?

3. Dec 26, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    ^^^this.
    If you cleaned the interior like most of us do the dimmer probably was moved to it's lowest setting lol

4. Dec 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I admit it. Happened to me.:eek:

5. Dec 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    What they said. And if not the obvious next thing to do is check fuses. Good luck

6. Dec 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    Styx586

Styx586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport, 2001 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    This is my guess considering the detail job...

7. Dec 26, 2014 at 9:23 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    Lol it happened to me recently...and Im the one that changing and messing with these dashes all the time :facepalm: :rofl:

8. Dec 27, 2014 at 3:39 AM
    dm1215al

dm1215al Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fl
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Step tubes,Window tint, HomelinK rear view mirror, changed the entune image screen Rear Differential Breather Relocation Extended AC condensate hose KB Voodoo tailgate cap Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE hood lift system.
    I vote dimmer switch, it would be a good place to start.

9. Dec 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    Myz250f

Myz250f [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    daniel
    New York
    exhaust, headlight bulbs, k&n intake, programer, toytec boss front coil overs, toytec boss rear shocks, sway bar relocation, Dakar leaf pak, oc taco extended stainless steel break lines (red), kicker component front speakers, kicker 2 way rear speakers, pioneer head unit, mtx thunder amp, reverse light bulbs
    it was the dimmer switch. i looked for it yesterday thinking that was it but from the angle i was sitting in the seat it must have been blocked by the steering wheel. thanks guys

Products Discussed in

To Top