1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad that I want to Trade 2013 Baja for 2015 F150 2.7 Eco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mr Ribby, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Jan 29, 2015 at 10:10 AM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Short trailers suck, period. They like to weave around and they are a bitch to back up. I can do it, but it's much easier to back up a 20 foot trailer no matter what your "skill" level with a trailer is.

My obsession with weight happens to do with the formula's Force=Mass x Acceleration and Momentum=Mass x Velocity. The more the mass, the more proportionally difficult it is to control whatever you are towing, hauling, or moving. It takes bigger brakes, more mass of the towing vehicle, and more power to safely move around larger loads. If you add all of those things to a Tacoma you'd have a Tundra (or similar half ton) ;).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. Feb 5, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    I had a 6x12 double axle u-haul trailer try to do this to me everytime I got over 55mph. Not sure if it was too heavy or we loaded it unbalanced but.... I pulled that sucker with my 3.4L about 800 miles. It sure was boring....

3. Feb 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    It's too bad URD or some aftermarket company never came out with a rock solid and trust worthy turbo kit for either the 1st or 2nd gen V6. Depending on the price, I'd much rather go that route, and have similar HP and MPG numbers to the 3.5L ecoboost.

4. Feb 5, 2015 at 9:29 AM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    I think STS or someone like that did come out with a "kit" but it was kind of a do it yourself kit. It wasn't bolt on and definitely required some previous knowledge of tuning a boosted motor. The 3.5 L Ecoboost is a very complex engine compared to our 4.0 L as well.

5. Jul 26, 2015 at 8:41 AM
    Cloudbreakmd

Cloudbreakmd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB 4X4 V6 SR5 Blazing Blue Pearl
    Bed Mat, Factory chromed exhaust tip, Factory all weather mats
    I considered something similar but just traded my base 2014 DCSB 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive with the convenience package for more money than I paid for it a year ago. I bought a 2015 V6 SR5 this time around (picking it up in next hour) and have no regrets about not buying the F150.

The question is what are you hauling with the truck? I didn't want something that large to be honest. And resale is so high on the Tacoma I can always trade it in later if I have regrets and lose minimum if any money. Maybe rent an F150 for a week and see if you really like it? Just a thought.

6. Jul 26, 2015 at 9:20 AM
    Capt Jrod

Capt Jrod Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jarrod
    Northern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    15 WHITE DCSB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    The trailer has everything to do with the way it tows. Weight distribution and tongue weight determine how it pulls. We always put 23' boats on a 25' boat trailer. Heavier axles, bigger trailer tires, RADIAL trailer tires, and enough tongue weight to balance everything out. I move a bobcat regularly with a half ton tundra. If you don't center it left to right and get the right tongue weight, it wags like a dogs tail. Get it right and you barely know you are towing. The trailer in the video was not balanced or distributed. Tacos are great for towing 2500#, but if you are doing it regularly it is the wrong tool for the job. Back to the ford... Do what you want, but I don't think ford has the support for an engine this advanced. I like that the 4.0 doesn't drop cylinders and that it has been around for years as a proven drivetrain. Mpg is for the Prius. If you can't afford gas you can't afford a $30k truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top