1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member with Tacoma - tonneau/bed rail mod?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by VanBCTRD, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Dec 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM
    VanBCTRD

VanBCTRD [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Off-road DC SB MGM
    Factory hood deflector, tonneau cover and bed extender (Previously 2014 Tacoma TRD Sport)
    Hi,

From my first post in new members section:

"I'm a new member but have been reading and learning from everyone here for months. Purchased a nearly new Tacoma about 2 weeks ago and so far, am very happy with it (the recent drop in oil prices doesn't hurt!).
    My truck included a hood deflector, bed mat and bed divider. I was going to add a Bakflip G2 tonneau yesterday after much consideration but was convinced by retailer to go with Undercover Flex as it's pretty much identical and saved me $100+.

I almost cancelled when they told me the oem rails would be covered and rendered useless by either tonneau but decided to get it anyways. Last night I studied how the oem cargo clips and bed divider connect and confirmed that neither will work anymore. I need the security of the cover and will get rid of the divider if I have to."

-------

Has anyone out there managed to modify or replace the L-shaped rail brackets that support the divider, to work with flush mount tonneau covers?

Apologies if this should be posted elsewhere. Forgive me; I'm new here!

Corey

P.S. I'm also considering the TRD Supercharger but it's very expensive where I live and I found it strange that my Toyota dealer has never installed one before. My purpose would be for towing my 23', 3800 lb travel trailer.

Products Discussed in

To Top