1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 issue/question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JoCoQS, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Jan 1, 2015 at 10:39 AM
    JoCoQS

JoCoQS [OP] This until I can afford a REAL truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Cherokee
    I have searched this subject and I see it has been covered fairly extensively, but not for the 2015 model year.

I recently traded up to a '15 taco and (luckily) got the selling dealership to turn off the seat belt chimes. Now I would like to program the key fob to unlock ALL doors with a single click, program ALL doors to unlock when tranny is placed in [P]ark and lock ALL doors lock when tranny is placed in [D]rive.

Assuming this can be accomplished I am willing to spend the money to do so.

Is what I need, an obd2 wire for connecting to the taco, a laptop to connect to (I have one with a windows 8 operating system), and the software for reading and changing the settings?

If this is correct, I ask for some gentle spoon feeding as to where, and specifically what parts I need to purchase OR advise on how I could make these changes.

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Jan 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    I believe the dealerships should be able to do that. Or you can get alarm and it'll do the same thing. Just throwing some ideas out.

3. Jan 1, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    DanceswithWolves

DanceswithWolves palabra a tu madre

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Roosevelt UT
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB OR
    Don't complicate . If dealer was willing to turn off seat belt chime they would certainly take care of the fob. Really not sure why it would be an issue though . 2 presses insteadof one? You missing or have a weak thumb?

4. Jan 1, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    JoCoQS

JoCoQS [OP] This until I can afford a REAL truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Cherokee
    Thanks for the responses.

I was afraid it may not be possible, and no Jerry, I am not missing either one of my thumbs. I will happily stick one of my thumbs in your eye if you like. Many people have different desires for the functions of features on this truck. There is NO reason to require two pushes on the key fob to unlock all doors. As it was explained to me at the dealership women begged for this function (two required pushes on key fob for unlocking all doors) for "safety reasons". Apparently you also need a false feeling of safety that keeping the non-driver doors locked until the key fob is pushed twice provides. I don't, and for the money new Tacomas cost it should be, at a minimum, a programmable option.

Thank you for your awesome response though. Thank goodness I do have both of my thumbs or I may have taken your pink, sweat bottoms response personal.

Products Discussed in

To Top