1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Leaking Windshield

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by CpuPirate, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Jan 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    CpuPirate

CpuPirate [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Wilson, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DBSB TRD/OR
    Just wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with the windshield leaking. I have seen this problem in several Ford's over the years where you would get a whistling noise at highway speed but my truck has a seemingly unique issue. I have driven it in storms and through car washes (just to test pressure I hand wash my truck) with no issue. However 2 times in a row now when it has got below freezing I have water on the inside of my windshield it goes all along the passenger side top and even had enough to cause some dripping down near the rear view mirror the first time.

The major issue is it doesn't get wet and below freezing much here in NC and I cant seem to re-create the issue to be able to bring it to the dealership for any kind of warranty work. Make no mistake I plan to take it in just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue as I know there are a lot of northern members on here.

As a side note this may not be a factory defect, the only work that has ever been done to my truck (And I think my only other thread on here) was PDR for hail damage just a week after I bought my truck. I don't think any work was done that would effect the seal around the windshield but I know the headliner was removed and dents were rolled out of the roof so its possible that the body shop inadvertently cause the issue.

2. Jan 5, 2015 at 7:02 AM
    rickoshay45

rickoshay45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Sanford Florida
    Vehicle:
    2015 Camry SE
    You are just seeing condensation from the air in the cab. The extreme temps draw it out of the air. I have seen the same problem but traced it to damp stuff I left in the cab overnight such as plants or wet clothing.

3. Jan 5, 2015 at 7:07 AM
    CpuPirate

CpuPirate [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Wilson, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DBSB TRD/OR
    I could entertain that idea, but I don't have anything wet in my truck, not even a water bottle and I park it on a concrete pad so I don't even track water in on my shoes. I guess there is a chance one of the other seals is allowing moisture in, not real sure how I would check that though.

4. Jan 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES

How about damp carpets and or seats due to tracking in water when it rain? Slightly open window that lets rain in when driving? Check the floor / rugs to see of they are damp .

Products Discussed in

To Top