1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access vanish cover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Glocker23, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Jan 5, 2015 at 6:18 PM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 [OP] Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    So I have a small issue. My tonneau cover won't stick to the side rails. Any idea if I can replace the Velcro? If so who has the best deal?

Also it has been leaking under heavy rain. Is there a gasket I should get for it?

Thanks in advance from my 2012 dcsb sport

2. Jan 7, 2015 at 9:58 AM
    ACCESS

ACCESS Active Member Vendor

Member:
    OK, here's what you do.

Depending on how old your tonneau is, it might still be under warranty. So open up the rear bar and get the serial number that's printed on the underside of that.

Then call our customer service line, 866-414-5422, and ask for the Warranty department. Tell them about your issue. They will determine if your warranty covers this issue and go from there.

Also, we sell sealing gaskets you might want to look at.

3. Jan 7, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    Glocker23

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Awesome. I will do it tomorrow. Thank u. Got the cover in April or may 2012 I believe

4. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I am having the same issue except mine is pretty old and I bought it used from another member on here so I'm sure warranty is not an option but have contacted them by email and waiting to hear back.

In the meantime I've been wondering how to fix it myself and the best solution I can think is to buy new Velcro for the backing only and pop rivet it to the rails since it looks near impossible to peel the old of plus I could see the new Velcro no adhering to the rails good enough and figure it's just going to pull loose.

I'll wait it hear from Access before I do anything, but just planning/thinking ahead.

5. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    Glocker23

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    I contacted access. Love the warranty. They sent everything needed to replace it and included the water proofing seal on the cab sidenofnbed. Waiting for a warm sunny day to put it on

6. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    So what did they send you in terms of the Velcro? And how to replace it?

7. Apr 4, 2015 at 7:49 AM
    Fitz235

Fitz235 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    Black '22 DCSB TRD Offroad 4WD
    - TRD T4R Pro Wheels - TRD Lift Kit - TRD Skid Plate - 265/70/17 Toyo Open Country 3's - OEM Bed Lights - OEM Bed mat - Alpharex Tail Lights - TacomaBeast LED Interior Lights - Green Lane Offroad Aluminum Sliders - Place Holder for More Bad Financial Decisions...
    That's good to hear that they took care of you. I'm glad to see they're a vendor here.

I gotta give props to them for a great product. I have an '05, I put an Access Lorado on it about 9 years ago, and other than some oxidation on the two clips, the thing still pretty much looks new.

8. Apr 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM
    Glocker23

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Tacodawg. They sent me Velcro for rail and actually a whole new top skin. I have ton swap the metal parts inside to it. Plus the weather strip in the back which now comes with a new one. I had to buy seperate when I bought it. Still have snow here in CT but its moving along and hope to have it on soon

Products Discussed in

To Top