Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear anti sway bar

Old 05-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Rear anti sway bar

I will be using my prerunner for mostly street.
I am wondering if anyone uses a rear anti sway bar?
Helwig makes one and I have used them before on 2 other street trucks.
Comments?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The people that I have head that have used these really like them.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
It's on my mod list. The Hellwig is the only one I've found thus far.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The people that I have head that have used these really like them.
MAn now your are talking about head, i am really starting to wonder...
Old 05-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't the Sports have one stock? :-\
Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu08Taco View Post
Don't the Sports have one stock? :-\
No. Only the X runners.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a video on here that someone put a rear sway on a 1st gen.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #9
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Hmmm....makes me wonder if a lil old sway bar really does that much.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #10
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
I seams like the brackets that are attached to the rear differential would want to rotate under load. Is this a problem? Also, do the brake lines need to be bent (or raised) to accommodate the u bolts that wrap around the rear differential?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #11
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I have the same one (Hellwig).

YES they make a difference. No good for off-road, but hard to believe how much better the truck handles on the road. Night and day.

Brake line has to be bent maybe 1/2" to keep good clearance with the brackets. Nothin controversial.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
SCCAKen is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
SCCAKen's Tacoma Gallery
end link to frame bracket photo?

RossK35,

Do you have a photo of the bracket on the frame rail where the sway bar end links attach?

thanks,

sccaken

ps: I think ADDCO makes a 1" rear bar for the Tacoma.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #13
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No. Only the X runners.
But they also have the x-brace on the frame.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAKen View Post
ps: I think ADDCO makes a 1" rear bar for the Tacoma.
Anyone know if one exists? Part#? I cannot find it online as of yet.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
Here's mine. Ordered it from summit.

AND................results?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #16
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
YELLOW??? I like the yellow! I thought they only came in black or red, this yellow gets me excited! Thanks for posting the pic Hawaiian!

As for the results, although I can't speak for the Tacoma's I can vouch for the Hellwig on my Tundra, it was night and day! Really firmed up the rear and were able to take off/on ramps at better speeds, much more confident in corning situations too.

Looking to hear more results and possibly more pics!

Rob
Old 05-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #17
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
AND................results?
Its been so long since I've driven without it installed I honestly don't remember what a truck feels like with out one, but its defiantly an improvement. I put it on shortly after I got the truck which was the end of 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
YELLOW??? I like the yellow! I thought they only came in black or red, this yellow gets me excited! Thanks for posting the pic Hawaiian!

As for the results, although I can't speak for the Tacoma's I can vouch for the Hellwig on my Tundra, it was night and day! Really firmed up the rear and were able to take off/on ramps at better speeds, much more confident in corning situations too.

Looking to hear more results and possibly more pics!

Rob
The yellow is the x-brace from an x-runner that I put on. The sway bar is on the axle in my picture.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #18
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post

The yellow is the x-brace from an x-runner that I put on.
Did you get the x-brace from Toyota?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #19
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
The PN from Hellwig is 7670 I have not seen one offered by Addco so far.
Tell me more or pics would be real cool on the X brace!!
I like stiffining up the chassis.

Just got my Smittybilt ( N-Fab) bars and the super bull bar.
Plenty to do tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
Kylie's dad

I'm liking the x-brace idea. Anyone know the price?