1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'A-status' what does it mean in Toyota vernacular?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 99sh, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Jan 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM
    99sh

99sh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DCLB
    I finally found the Taco I want to purchase but is in the wrong color. The dealer is attempting to make the change now and stated the car is in 'A-status'.

What does this mean? I tried searching but came up nothing. Ultimately I'm interested in hearing my chances for changing the vehicle spec when it's in 'a-status'.

2. Jan 17, 2015 at 10:20 PM
    jtweezy

jtweezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2014 4X4 DCSB OR V6
    What exactly did the dealership say they are trying to do to "make the change"? From what others have said, it sounds like "custom ordering" is not really a thing. It's more of a "reserve what's coming off assembly if they can" process. Hopefully the dealership isn't talking about repainting the truck.

3. Jan 18, 2015 at 3:18 PM
    99sh

99sh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DCLB
    They have an allocation of a certain build which has not started production. They are trying to change that configuration - I don't know the details on how that happens.

4. Jan 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    RKCRUZA

RKCRUZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Placerville, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro in the Garage!
    Pretty tough to "order" a vehicle from Toyota. The days of going in and ordering what you want have come and gone. Pretty much have to find one via a dealer trade or hope they get allocated one. When I was trying to get my Pro the dealer pulled as many strings as they could....got a Pro with tow, but it was Black. Pretty tough to get them to change to what you want. If you don't buy it, someone else will so they don't have much incentive to "Special Order" a truck. I know lots of folks "Ordered" Tacoma TRD Pros with deposit and such and then waited forever to maybe get one.... seems they weren't really ordering a truck, simply getting on a list with hopes that what they wanted would be built and maybe allocated to the dealer they had the "order" with. Kind sucks, but seems to be the way it is now.

Products Discussed in

To Top