1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick Question about 2006 vin # search

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toy Coma, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Jan 20, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    Toy Coma

Toy Coma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Coil over lift, SPC UCA, Wheelers AAL & Bump stops Relentless fab rear bumper, AVID Sliders, Statoshi Grille Mod, Morimoto LED fogs, Ebay Headlights W/Halos Core Short Throw Shifter, mesojdm Ultimate LED pods. Cali raised ditch light brackets 17" SCS Ray 10 brushed Copper Wrapped in 295/75/17 General Grabbers Wilco prerunner style Tire gate ATH off road front bumper
    Hi all, I went to toyota's website and input my vin# to see any recalls ect ect.. A couple of things came up regarding leaf spring, seatbelt, and it also lists the service campaign for the frame Does this mean my trucks VIN# falls within the trucks that need to be checked out? Just about to sign the papers to buy this truck and this has me a little worried.. On one hand if this does in fact mean my trucks frame needs to be looked at this could be a good thing in a way right... A) corrosion resistance put on or B) new frame C) Walk away... Thanks for the help in advance

2. Jan 20, 2015 at 12:12 PM
    WeberSarge

WeberSarge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Ohio, Illinois
    Vehicle:
    '08 SR5 TRD 4X4 Quad Cab , '77 FJ40
    Stock for now...
    If those things come up , then yes yours falls into the category of TSB's and recalls . Have it independently looked at , worth the time if you don't know a lot about vehicles . On one note - it could be price leverage ....
    Sarge

Products Discussed in

To Top