1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Side Mirror Replacement

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Houston, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Jan 21, 2015 at 10:54 AM
    Houston

Houston [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DCSB TRD Off-Road
    Hey guys, need to replace my the driver side mirror on my 2013 Tacoma. Wondering if anyone has ever done this before? Any idea how hard it is to do any things to wary of?

A new mirror (non-heated, no turn sign indicator) is running ~$200 so I'm thinking some money on labor and just doing it myself. I can get the part from the dealer but any thoughts on another place to get an OEM mirror for cheaper?

Thanks,
    Gus

2. Jan 21, 2015 at 10:56 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Welcome from Houston. :wave:

Amazon has them for around $50 for a black textured one. Remember to use smile.amazon if you plan to buy from there.

3. Jan 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    It's three nuts. After you take off the door trim. Total time is probably about 15-20 minute job w basic hand tools. Lots of searchable info on this with pictures.

The Toyota mirror is different than the knock off ones that are a fraction of the price. I tried the cheap ones and ended up giving them away to a member here. Then bought the real Toyota ones. The cheap ones shook like hell and were finished poorly.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  4. Jan 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM
    Houston

Houston [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DCSB TRD Off-Road
    Awesome guys, thanks for the help (and welcome).

I found a video on youtube earlier for 05-12 models so I assume its pretty much the same; undo the two screws holding the door panel on, pop out the plastic cover in the corner of the window and window controls, pop off the panel, replace the mirror and reassemble. Miss anything on there? Or any notes on problematic or difficult steps there? I assume it can't be too bad if its under a half hour total time.

UPDATE: Just saw the related posts on the bottom of the page, sorry for the repetitive thread. Thanks for the help though guys.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top